Need a photo paint wizard for interior design

81 Checkmate

Lieutenant
Ok guys before i order the material for the interior id like to get some ideas on what color/design to do.

Looking for someone to take my pictures and add photo paint color to it to give me some ideas.....Wish Don S was still with us he'd be all over it......

I have it laid out on the garage floor to give you an idea of what goes where. I was thinking white base with yellow and black curved stripes like on the captin chairs.

All sugestions are welcome.

81 checkmate 076.jpg81 checkmate 093.jpg81 checkmate 087.jpg81 checkmate 090.jpg81 checkmate 091.jpg

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: Need a photo paint wizard for interior design

Morning Checkmate,
I am by no means, in any way shape or form even close to DonS...nor am I any kind of pro when it comes to computer painting...so, please bear with my amateur attempt:facepalm:
The first idea that came to mind was this...

That's all I have time for at the moment, but if you have any ideas you want to "flesh out", color or pattern-wise...post 'em up and I'll see what I can come up with...
L8r,
GT1M:D

73Chrysler105

Chief Petty Officer

imho that pattern is pretty cool if you are doing it yourself though it will be a tough pattern to accomplish on your own. Straight lines are easier to sew.

Again thats just my opinion and you know what they say about those

81 Checkmate

Lieutenant

Wow Gt yer awsome...realy apreciate the effort.

So you guys think white with the Y/B stripes is the way to go? I was thinking Yellow base with black Stripe’s at first...but some of the pictures ive seen...way to much yellow.

Yes i am going to attempt this on my own.....I am worried about the curve pattern also.... going to start with the pads on the engine hatch first then the small front jump seats next and so on.

I dont think ill have the skill to do the captian chairs...so im going to send them out.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

No problemo, CM...glad to help out...let me know if you want to see any other color combos...
BTW, I know absolutely almost zero about upholstery work, but according to some of the more talented stitchers around here, by using the original vinyl pieces, carefully cut apart with a stitch removal tool and using them as a pattern, you should be able to knock it all out yourself once you get the hang of a couple of pieces under your belt...
For some great info, hit up "Woodonglass", "mrdjflores", "Fireman231?"or "JDA1975"{those are just the ones that came immediately to mind, but there are a bunch of others}...with a PM...they know their way around when it comes to upholstery...
Have Fun!:D

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

I saw the thread title and just knew Gus would have a go at it . He sure knows his way around web paint stuff !
Btw , love the yellow paint . She's sure gunna look sweet !

GWPSR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

A few mins with Photoshop:

checkmate81seat.jpg

Kinda rusty these days. Used to use it a lot.

81 Checkmate

Lieutenant

Thanks Guy's.......... So Awsome!

Dont mean to pry...but i have one more request.....could you do up an idea on engine hatch pads.

Thanks

GWPSR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Thanks Guy's.......... So Awsome!

Dont mean to pry...but i have one more request.....could you do up an idea on engine hatch pads.

Thanks

What are you thinking? Yellow to match hull with a black logo, white with a black stripe (that black might absorb a lot of solar energy), or something different?

jbcurt00

Staff member

I'd suggest white w/ a yellow strip bound by smaller black strips, maybe just the piping in black..............

zool

Captain

You might want to consider limiting the black to just piping on the edges, and just go with the yellow/white where bare skin touches.....you could end up hunch backed on a hot day:eek::D

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

I agree on the limitation of the black . The sun can be brutal ..

81 Checkmate

Lieutenant

Keep the ideas coming......I tend to agree about the black being hot. I still think all yellow base is too much yellow....not sure yet.

I had seen a few pictures on the internet with yellow with black stripes...then seen some with with base with yellow/black stripes.

What to do?

I messed with the paint tonight and here is what i came up with.....Man thats hard to do!

View attachment 218680

81 Checkmate

Lieutenant

Yea....Yellow pads with the checkmate logo in the center....that would look great but i dont think i can pull that off.

zool

Captain

looks clean just 2 color...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

How about white base with just one yellow stripe down the center . Strait no curves . Sometimes simple or less is more . Black or yellow piping ..
Make the stripe around 8 inches wide..

Last edited:

81 Checkmate

Lieutenant

I like the black piping idea.....I kinda want to do something alittle different than the single straight stripe.. thats more like it was when original.
But then there is the ... do-able factor for the DIY

What would be awsome is like zool posted with a black checkmate horse head logo on the backrest.......

Sooooo....Is white base the concenses or?

Man i wish i was a uploster guy!

Now lets talk carpet......I am going with black...no other color will match.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Uhmmm, I really don't think you'll like Black carpet! HOT and shows every spec of trash!!!

m20tS0toSFCzXJzj4nGHDLw.jpg

I AM BATMAN!!!!

Last edited:

81 Checkmate

Lieutenant

Yea Wood i agree black is not very user freindly.......dont know what color would look right/match everything else.

Thought about charcoal gray with black specks....?

southkogs

Staff member

I think the white may be a little too much - If you're going to do the bulk of the interior in white, then it would work. But if you're going to lean more on the black and yellow look the boat already has, I'd work in yellow and shades of grey:

81 checkmate 076_Seat.jpg81 checkmate 091 Pad.jpg

If those were true sun pads for layin' on I'd stay away from black/dark grey but at their size I think they'll be fine.