86 Sea Ray Restoration [Splashed Oct 2017]

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
going to finish the dog house storage 2maro...
8s4WBH6.jpg

Hfe2AuF.jpg

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
i gotta put my throttle handle plate on :):) i forget every time i go to the boat :D

chevymaher

Commander
Looking good there. I remember back when this all started for me. Watching your chipmonk demolition videos. Hope you get your motor sorted out.

Rick Stephens

Admiral
hey rick... this is that bait tray...
6OEHvwV.jpg

Nuthin like the smell of sliced squid and sardines. I've been thinking about making the entire top of my doghouse into a 3 inch thick tackle box with a nylon cutting board for a top. Only problem I see is I like the padded top to sit on when trolling. I tried connecting the steering of my kicker to my outdrive, but I don't sit up front when trolling.

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Looking good there. I remember back when this all started for me. Watching your chipmonk demolition videos. Hope you get your motor sorted out.
thanks chevy, im going to instal the new electronic ignition distributer in the next few days and then when its running recheck for my oil leak because ive resnugged the rocker arm cover after doing the new gasket...

im hoping that between the new float on the carb and new distributer that would have worked out my problems...

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
it holds water!!!
d0GjYOC.jpg

i should have lined all the cardboard with that metal tape!!! was a bear getting the cardboard off:facepalm:

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
i gotta figure out a top for the ice chest

probably gonna have to move the doghouse tie down pegs and the aluminum rear support piece for the seat

used some old gelocat i had laying around was super thick almost unuseable but i mixed it well and put in a lil acetone to loosen it up a bit

i hope it hardens

what do you guys think about that liquid rubber? im thinking about linning it with that maybe

naYMGLK.jpg

qKi1km8.jpg

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
also thinking about some kind of way to trim out the edges but not sure yet how tops will go, im welcome to any ideas

i also though about buying an icechest , cutting it down to fit then glassin the pieces together.... only thing is losing some useable area

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
That looks pretty cool, but how do you plan to get the water out of it? After the ice melts, I mean.

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
That looks pretty cool, but how do you plan to get the water out of it? After the ice melts, I mean.

Thanks jas, the more I looked at it the more I didn't like it so I got some white acrylic plastics, I'm gonna glue them then put a beed of silicone in all the corners and where pieces meet together (seems)

For getting out melted ice I ordered a 12v dc aquarium water pump, so on the way back to the doc I can pump out any water then just wipe the bottom with a towel

When the pump gets here I'll look at the hose sizes, I could put a passthrough fitting to an elbow from the bottom then run that line to the water pump and out the back of the boat

I prefer not to have it go into the bilge

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
having the edges tru will help me with the top fitment and the trim around to hide the insolation

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Thanks jas, the more I looked at it the more I didn't like it so I got some white acrylic plastics, I'm gonna glue them then put a beed of silicone in all the corners and where pieces meet together (seems)

For getting out melted ice I ordered a 12v dc aquarium water pump, so on the way back to the doc I can pump out any water then just wipe the bottom with a towel

When the pump gets here I'll look at the hose sizes, I could put a passthrough fitting to an elbow from the bottom then run that line to the water pump and out the back of the boat

I prefer not to have it go into the bilge

Not a bad plan, just make sure it is a self-priming pump (unless it is submersible). Not all of the aquarium pumps are.

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Nuthin like the smell of sliced squid and sardines. I've been thinking about making the entire top of my doghouse into a 3 inch thick tackle box with a nylon cutting board for a top. Only problem I see is I like the padded top to sit on when trolling. I tried connecting the steering of my kicker to my outdrive, but I don't sit up front when trolling.
I was thinking.... what if you did half seat half cutting board or 2thirds seat 1 theirs cutting board? Or make the cutting board removable so you can keep the top of the doghouse padded

you could also use a flush mount rod holder, use a rod holder extension, then put a mounting bracket, from there you could build anything to screw to it. I'm at work but when I him to the boat 2maro I'll take some pics to kinda give you an idea.... as handy as you are you might do the whole thing from scratch.... I can see it in my head it's kinda hard to explain, ill just take some picks

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
origonally i was going to do a bigger cutting board with a washdown hose trigger, but I ended up with the small bait table because I'll probably mostly use it to cut and filay sardines to wrap my qwick fish or to cut small chunks for strippers

Rick Stephens

Admiral
I was thinking.... what if you did half seat half cutting board or 2thirds seat 1 theirs cutting board? Or make the cutting board removable so you can keep the top of the doghouse padded

you could also use a flush mount rod holder, use a rod holder extension, then put a mounting bracket, from there you could build anything to screw to it. I'm at work but when I him to the boat 2maro I'll take some pics to kinda give you an idea.... as handy as you are you might do the whole thing from scratch.... I can see it in my head it's kinda hard to explain, ill just take some picks

Great ideas. Been mulling over various ways of customizing the area. Probably do some combination, where the top is one big tackle box - kokanee fishermen tend to own enough stuff to outfit a japanese fishing trawler. So having a big flat 2 inch deep tray like box would be perfect. Cover it with a removable for cleaning layer of nylon for a cutting board, and then make a pad for the starboard edge to sit on while working the kicker or the starboard downrigger.

Afraid I don't have much rail space any longer. With 2 downriggers hogging the aft 3 feet, and pole holders both sides and flush mounted across the stern, the rails get busy on an IO ski boat rigged for fishing. If I had it to do over I might have started with an outboard hull, more room. Making a ski boat into a fishing barge took a family boat comfortable for 6 or 8 people and made it into 2 person, maybe 3 if you're friendly. I have to strip it for a wakeboarding outing.

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
last time I took the boat out for testing

Attachments

• 20171007_094229.jpg
    20171007_094229.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20171007_094337.jpg
    20171007_094337.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20171007_094257.jpg
    20171007_094257.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 2

89 resorter

Petty Officer 1st Class
Boat looks great Goldie ...... can't wait to see what she looks like in the water.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
That’s a boat that the “Macho Man” would be proud to fish out of!

OH YEAH!!!

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Thank you guys, during my testing i got a taste of what it was like to be out on the water in my own boat and........ I LOVED IT!!! :):watermelon::D

Looks like im going to have to pull the motor for timing gears and probably should do the rear main seal while the motor is out.

Please check out this thread and go to post #2 for the whole story... I will be posting mostly in the engine repair section until ive completed the work then back here to officially splash....

http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...rcruiser-140-3-0-timing-gears?_=1508509246332

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
while im waiting for parts im going to take it out fishing at least a few more times and will make sure to take plenty of photos so you guys can see it in the water