86 Sea Ray Restoration [Splashed Oct 2017]

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hey Macho Man!!!! Looks like you've been BIZZZZZEEEEEE! Mikey Likey!!!!! It won't be long now. You've really come a long way and done some exceptional work!!!! :encouragement::thumb::first:
Thanks wood, this summer!!!!!!

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Last weekend dropped the the motor in...
lowVGlg.jpg

0swVQyx.jpg

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Also fabbed an alluminum plate to mount the trim pump onto...
iEz6Wxo.jpg

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Awesome how good this looks Goldie!!
Thanks Corj! its really happening now i can believe it! i went to put my out drive on and realized i haddent reasembled the upper and lower DOH!! so i installed the water pocket cover into the upper and while putting in the shift shaft I noticed alot of slop. Thats the only busing i somehow overlooked in the whole outdrive, i must have missed it because i have no record of the purchase and no pics or video of it so i ordered it and its on the way

im actious to see if the new bushing has slop too
GIaiC7d.jpg

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
should be able to wire up the motor next weekend and get a battery

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
motor was actually alot nicer but over the course of three years i got over spray on it i should have covered it better

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
i could have painted it but didnt want to delay my splash any further than neccessary

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
hey guys i got a question for ya..... I went to install my new emplems and the screw from the outside got caught in the carpet on the inside DOH!!! and broke!! i know better i should have pilot drilled the hole

what should i do?

1709DK8.jpg

tvo8bMn.jpg

HF6uPHc.jpg

Last edited:

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
i repaired the wire on the trottle i accidentally cut also ran the wires propperly so it doesnt happen again

FaD5krp.jpg

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
hopefully in a month or so will be ready for glamor shots!!

fJVQwLb.jpg

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
can anybody reccommend a good value for money starter battery? I found a good deal on a group 31 deep cylce AGM 105 amp hours at sams club for 170.00 most likey gonna snag that for the trolling motor

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
found a spot for my bilge gonna test it to see if i can mount it on an angle like that

niZFMYK.jpg

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
also guys..... where is the optimal spot for my trolling motor battery? in the back with the starter battery or up front with the trolling motor?

Baylinerchuck

Commander
I'd say if you have room for it up front that would be optimum to help distribute the weight and make the wiring shorter. Also on your broken screw did you try to put a pair of vice grips on what's left?

Rick Stephens

Admiral
The intermediate shift shaft is always loosey goosey. No worries. It basically just sits on top of the lower shift shaft when you assemble.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
If the broken screw is even a little proud of the fiberglass, you might be able to file a slot in it and remove with a slotted screwdriver. If the screw is flush ( or below the surface), you might try an Easy Out.

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I'd say if you have room for it up front that would be optimum to help distribute the weight and make the wiring shorter. Also on your broken screw did you try to put a pair of vice grips on what's left?
thank for the advise chuck, oh believe me i tried every sqweezy tool i had to grab the end of that screw.... no joy

i have room up front for the trolling battery, the only reason i would put it in the back would to be so it can be next to the starter battery so i could run them both on a perko switch

that may not be a good idae though because from what i understand my lil 4 banger cant charge a deep cycle battery

so now im thinking trolling battery up front

but then what for house and starting?

a dual purpose battery?

could i use a second deep cycle as a starter battery? this is the one im getting for the front
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/durace...lp:product:1:1

one of those as a troller battery and one as a starter/house?