23' Lonestar Cabin Cruiser. Converting to an outboard.

63cruiser

Seaman
All the bracing is done. Cut all the sheets, going to try to get welded in this week and hopefully get the back filled in. I think I am going to have to take it to a welding shop to get the hole in the floor fixed because I can not get my gun under the floor to weld it and I do not want to rip out the floor.

63cruiser

Seaman
No Title

All the bracing is done. Cut all the sheets, going to try to get welded in this week and hopefully get the back filled in. I think I am going to have to take it to a welding shop to get the hole in the floor fixed because I can not get my gun under the floor to weld it and I do not want to rip out the floor.

63cruiser

Seaman
No Title

Got the boat on a new ezloader trailer this weekend. Engine is mounted and steering is laying on the floor ready to be installed in the console. Controls are on the floor ready for bolts. Have several pics to post. I started a thread on the trailer problems.

Attachments

• photo202618.jpg
    photo202618.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 8
  • photo202619.jpg
    photo202619.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 8
  • photo202620.jpg
    photo202620.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 8
  • photo202621.jpg
    photo202621.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 8
  • photo202622.jpg
    photo202622.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 8

63cruiser

Seaman
Engine and controls are mounted and seem to work correctly. Going to hook up wires and fuel this weekend. Hope it cranks.

63cruiser

Seaman
Got it just good enough to fish from. Still has a very long way to go though. I caught my first fish from it on Labor Day (23" steel head). I went out this morning with the family, I wore out the seaweed. My daughter caught 2 pike minnows.

Gibbles

Lieutenant Commander
Love it!
I have to ask if you get the looks I get with my 63 StarCraft Starchief.

Some people stare and want to talk to me, others stare and give me the nod of approval, and then a few just stare and won't wave or anything :lol:

Willyclay

Captain
Very nice. I had a 1966 Lone Star Medallion II (16.3ft) with a 1968 Johnson 100HP OB for 23 years and really liked it. Good luck with yours!

63cruiser

Seaman
Love it! I have to ask if you get the looks I get with my 63 StarCraft Starchief. Haha. Yes I do get the looks and the "man, what year is that thing?". I enjoy seeing the pizzed off looks from the people in the 70k boats because at the end of a bad day fishing I can always say "this is the best 600 bucks I've ever spent". Even though I would gladly take a 70k boat. Just seems a little steep to catch a fish.

63cruiser

Seaman
Tires were about to blow out on the trailer yesterday so I drilled a hole in the transome to let the 18 inches of water out.
I decided I am going to relocate the steering inside the cabin in front of the stove.
Looking for a 7.5 or 10 Honda kicker now, would be a great Christmas present from the wife.
Merry Christmas to all y'all boaters.

K-2

Chief Petty Officer
Very cool! I like the way it runs, it trims out nicely. It must have lost a lot of weight doing the conversion.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Lot a xmax balls on the tree doing what you did. and the video looks great. So at the end of the ride and your water issue where do you think the water originated from? Do like the lines of the boat. Do you have some thoughts on how to remove the issue?
Boats too cool not to like!

63cruiser

Seaman
Found some aluminum tube to make the drain plug and to make a hole in the splash well to drain that too. Only plan currently is to weld in the drain pipes and fill in the holes on the roof and mount 2 more rod holders. I also found a 26 gallon aluminum fuel tank that is going to get mounted, not sure where though.
Trailer still needs some work, lights, finish moving rollers so it sights correctly on the trialer. I think it needs a front keel roller,(looked at some other boat trailers)
Future plans..Relocate steering wheel and controls inside the cabin, rewire everything.

63cruiser

Seaman
So gas tank is mounted in the ex head. (Was extreme pain in the Azz getting it in.) Very happy now its out of the way and 26 gallons is very nice.
Honda kicker runs great and pushes boat very well. Next time I get to a honda dealer I am going to get some oil gear oil and spark plugs.(originals are still in it.)
Had some low speed problems and leaking fuel issues with main motor. Pulled reeds and 3 of the 4 cylinders have very large gaps in reeds. Also intake manifold gasket looked terrible.