Napa Aluminum Brightener

Luke000

Restoration Forum Splash of the Year 2016
This weekend I am going to tackel the project of cleaning the now stripped hull of the winter project (See Project Here) After looking around I bought a gallon of NAPA Aluminum brightener. I am planning on spray it on. My big question is how much if any do you dilute the aluminum brightener? Any other tips on using the stuff? I will be doing both the hull and the inside.

Thanks in advance! :)

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Napa Aluminum Brightener

This weekend I am going to tackel the project of cleaning the now stripped hull of the winter project (See Project Here) After looking around I bought a gallon of NAPA Aluminum brightener. I am planning on spray it on. My big question is how much if any do you dilute the aluminum brightener? Any other tips on using the stuff? I will be doing both the hull and the inside.

Thanks in advance! :)

Ayuh,... It should say on the label,....

1FASTLASER

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If this is the same type of bright er I use and I beleive it is you gota have a water hose ready. Spray first time with boat dry. Let sit till it foams up well.... About 2 minutes. Rinse off thorough. Second time spray with hull wet and let foam up again. This time rinse the crap out of it. I mean be VERY thorough. And did I mention BE THOROUGH. Otherwise it streaks. It will be nice and shiny now. Great stuff. I use it on my wheels and running boards on trailer u name it it works

lokonn

Chief Petty Officer

I have only used the spray bottle version from Napa. Didn't need to dilute. Make sure you are using gloves and glasses and in well ventilated area. Did the inside of my hull, outside on the driveway, and fumes were pretty potent. Would suggest respirator. Product works well. Made other boat parts come back to life that I thought were trashed.

Luke000

Restoration Forum Splash of the Year 2016

Thank you everyone for their input! It was a balmy 46 degrees out today and I did the aluminum brightener. For any future people with the same question I had It is not needed to dilute the acid, I used it full strength and 1 gallon was exactly enough to do the inside and exterior of a 13ft, closed bow, runabout. If anyone has questions, feel free to post them below :)