• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

We're excited to announce the launch of our NEW Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building section on iboats.com! See more details!

This new area was created specifically to meet the needs of those of you who participate in the iboats Boat Restoration, Building, and Hull Repair forum. To kick off the launch, we are giving away free product in every order over $100 as follows:

Spend $100-149: Get a free paint suit (Large only)
Spend $150-199: Get a free sandpaper finish pack & paint suit (Large only)
Spend $200-249: Get a free catalyst dispenser
Spend $250-299: Get a free Sufasolve hand wipes
Spend $300-349: Get a free Aqua Blue buffing compound (quart)
Spend $350-399: Get a free small tint kit
Spend $400+: Get a free Preval sprayer

To qualify for the free products, select any Fiberlay, Spectrum Fiberglass, System Three, or Gibco product.

Also, we have discounted our already low prices by another 5-15%. Stay tuned as we will be giving away 3 $100 iboats gift certificates from May to June to be used on the new fiberglass and epoxy products.

To view the new Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building, go to http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Paint-Repair-Maintenance-Gel-Coat-Cleaners-Carpet-Epoxy/dm/view_id.11
See more
See less

Napa Aluminum Brightener

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napa Aluminum Brightener

This weekend I am going to tackel the project of cleaning the now stripped hull of the winter project (See Project Here) After looking around I bought a gallon of NAPA Aluminum brightener. I am planning on spray it on. My big question is how much if any do you dilute the aluminum brightener? Any other tips on using the stuff? I will be doing both the hull and the inside.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Napa Aluminum Brightener

Originally posted by luke000 View Post
    This weekend I am going to tackel the project of cleaning the now stripped hull of the winter project (See Project Here) After looking around I bought a gallon of NAPA Aluminum brightener. I am planning on spray it on. My big question is how much if any do you dilute the aluminum brightener? Any other tips on using the stuff? I will be doing both the hull and the inside.

Thanks in advance!
    Ayuh,... It should say on the label,....
    Any Grease is Better,..... Than No Grease at All.......

Comment

If this is the same type of bright er I use and I beleive it is you gota have a water hose ready. Spray first time with boat dry. Let sit till it foams up well.... About 2 minutes. Rinse off thorough. Second time spray with hull wet and let foam up again. This time rinse the crap out of it. I mean be VERY thorough. And did I mention BE THOROUGH. Otherwise it streaks. It will be nice and shiny now. Great stuff. I use it on my wheels and running boards on trailer u name it it works

Comment

I have only used the spray bottle version from Napa. Didn't need to dilute. Make sure you are using gloves and glasses and in well ventilated area. Did the inside of my hull, outside on the driveway, and fumes were pretty potent. Would suggest respirator. Product works well. Made other boat parts come back to life that I thought were trashed.
        1987 Bluefin 1900-Force 125 http://forums.iboats.com/boat-restor...ns-600054.html
        1987 Force 125hp http://forums.iboats.com/force-chrys...hp-600162.html
        1991 Alumacraft Trophy 170-Merc 115-Sold
        1978 Mirrocraft 14'-Evinrude 15-Sold

Comment

Thank you everyone for their input! It was a balmy 46 degrees out today and I did the aluminum brightener. For any future people with the same question I had It is not needed to dilute the acid, I used it full strength and 1 gallon was exactly enough to do the inside and exterior of a 13ft, closed bow, runabout. If anyone has questions, feel free to post them below

Comment

Working...
          X