Under Construction: Bateau.com TW28 Stretched

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnottyBuoyz

Senior Chief Petty Officer

zool

Captain
Congrats KB, well done....a pair of soiled shorts is a small price to pay for an upright boat! ;)

KnottyBuoyz

Here's how it looks now. I'll try to get some better pics today.

upright1.jpg

KnottyBuoyz

Managed to get my GoPro up on a stick to get a birds eye view! :eek:

spacer.gif
GOPR0003-4.jpg

spacer.gif
GOPR0008-7.jpg

The funny colored stuff on the port side forward is just left over epoxy glue I had that I used to fill the kerfs in the panel. You'll notice the other side doesn't have kerfs. The panels were cut wrong and the kerfs were on the outside. This caused a few problems but it seems to have worked out ok.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
No turning back now. with the boat upright, you may want to get a layer or two of glass and resin on the inside to seal the wood. I am picturing a storm and the hull filling with water.

zool

Captain
I like the shirt, I saw Jello and gang many moons ago in NY...killer show.....with that boats lines, "Holiday in Cambodia" may be a good name ;)

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
WOW! what a project! Beautiful boat, nice work on the flip. Will be following along for sure!

bigdirty

Yikes! Ya man, you need a 40-60 grit 'flapper' type wheel on your grinder I think. The belt and flat stick on round types you are burning through dont have enough 'clearance' (or something like that?) to get rid of the dust and particles that you are making while sanding, which basically means that yes, they will clog up and burn out rather quickly, as you have discovered :lol: In my exp it can also be two other things; The quality of the sandpaper, and the the speed the tool runs. Crappy paper doesn't last long, and if the tool is going too fast, even god quality paper will be short lived.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
This disc cuts concrete, rocks, ferous metals and body parts. A friend dropped one off to me the other day and whew... it seems insane. Haven't tried it yet. Made for grinders. Let me know if you end up using it and send me back you input if you do. I've seen them on Ebay and alot of retail tool shops.
PEARL ABRASIVE CO
TURBO CUT DISC, SILICO CARBIDE
MODEL # FSP4516
4.5" X7/8 IN C-16
13300 MAX RPM.
This little Piggy should get you to China and back.
21w2VgBFtIL.jpg
https://www.pearlabrasive.com/Custom/Content/pdf/PearlCatalog.pdf ‎

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.