Under Construction: Bateau.com TW28 Stretched

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnottyBuoyz

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Today I got the upper portion of Frame B tabbed to the hull and Frame D set in place. I'll line it up and glue it to the hull tomorrow.

IMG_1929.jpg

I'll just keep plugging away till I fall down and can't get back up. :faint2: Few more pics on the blog: https://she-kon.blogspot.ca/2017/06/bet ... tures.html

Standby....

KnottyBuoyz

Putzed around some more today. Back really seized up last night. Took it easy. After a fresh look at Frame D this morning I realized I had it all frigged up. The way I did it the thing floats in air so has to be braced eight ways from Sunday to get it in the proper place. After taking a wee tumble and wrecking it for the second time I cut some 2 x 4's for braces! :faint2:

IMG_1939.jpg

This part is on the starboard side just ahead of the v-berth. It'll likely become the Admiral's sewing table. And another overall view.

IMG_1938.jpg

Measured twenty times. It's plumb & square as it should be. It'll get tabbed into place tomorrow along with Frame A. Gonna buy some cheap sheeting ply and put in some temporary decks.

Thanks for looking in fellas.

Standby...

KnottyBuoyz

Nice progress through the pain! Those nerves don't stretch out with the scar tissue do they?

No they don't stretch. That's what's causing the pain I guess. Worst when I'm standing still or walking.

KnottyBuoyz

Frame A and D now tabbed to the hull. I ran out of glue (epoxy & wood flour w/little cabosil) so ordered more. I hope to drop Frame F in tomorrow. That's the front part of the main cabin. Will have to build stairs over the engine space and down into the forward cabin. Engine should be finished soon.

Standby.....

KnottyBuoyz

Sometimes life throws you curve balls and you have to make a 90 deg course change. That happened just about 3 weeks ago. The wife went to work as usual. At 3:30 in the aft they called her into the Mgmr's office and handed her a letter. This letter terminated her 15 yr employment with the company and she had 5 minutes to gather her stuff and leave the building. There was no cause (on my wife's part) for her termination. Twenty-Nine others got it as well. She was the only one of the mgmt team to be terminated. This, as you can imagine, accelerated our retirement plan for her by 18 months. We immediately started searching for a used RV. There's no way in hell I'm going to let us sit here on the couch and rot till we die. We found a cream puff RV.

DC2A8328-548D-4426-812F-DA862CECE14C.jpg

It's a '94 Regal/Triple E, 29'. 80,000 kms (50,000 mi). We're the third owners. Everything works like a charm except the generator was removed a few years ago for service and never put back in. Not a big deal. We named the RV 'Meander' (Me and her). Everything and everybody gets a name!
icon_lol.gif

I fabri-cobbled a drawer to hold our lil' Honda.

2E1A0ACF-B49E-4FFB-916C-5C8FC52B4487.jpg

7" Magellan GPS and backup camera installed today. Apologize for the crappy pic.

0B26D119-F87F-4E08-B53F-7EB044A961D0.jpg

I know this is like turning to the Dark Side of the Force but it's gotta get us outta here for awhile. Our first Grandson is 3500 kms away in Grande Prairie Alberta and we'll be there for his first birthday in early October.

The boat project will take a definite back seat for awhile. It wasn't going well this year anyways. Every time the shed would dry up enough the clouds would open up again and I'd get flooded back out. Hard to level the boat when that happens. Didn't know we had a Monsoon season up here! *Sigh*

I'm still tinkering on the boat from time to time. The engine isn't back from service on the fuel injector pump yet. I dread getting that bill. I will, God permitting, get the engine set in the boat this year.

So there you have it, for those that were curious what we've been up to.

Cheers mates. Keep on building!

Pusher

Lieutenant
As aweful news as that is, it sounds like it wasn't the worst thing that could happen. Better than the doctor calling her. Did they let her go as the only manager because she was at retirement? Must be a hard decision for a manager to make.

Nice find on the motor home. You're bounds and leaps ahead of my recent camper van purchase! :) it looks real nice and has a good name to match.

The boat is taking a back burner, but really, what was it for but to get family time right? Maybe your back will loosen up while on the road too!

Congratulate the admiral on a successful career and even more successful retirement!

Pusher

Lieutenant
By the way, what model of Magellan did you get? I'm going to get a backup camera soon. No more dented tailgates trying to do it myself, or fishing buddies wgo watch you back right into the boat šŸ˜£

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
for a curve-ball, it looks like a pitch....swing....and a Kathwack............ hit to far left field.

enjoy life on the road.

KnottyBuoyz

By the way, what model of Magellan did you get? I'm going to get a backup camera soon. No more dented tailgates trying to do it myself, or fishing buddies wgo watch you back right into the boat šŸ˜£

I got the Magellan RoadMate RV9365T-LMB 7 inch and won the backup camera in a separate auction on eBay. The camera is wireless which helps on such a long vehicle. Installation was super easy. The RoadMate is spec designed for RV'ers.

KnottyBuoyz

The rains seem to have let up for awhile. Whoever out there is doing the rain dances, please stop!

Working hard trying to stop 'over thinking' every detail of this project. Just picked a task and go to it this morning.

22282E91-EF0F-4C3D-9C4B-27A64435279E.jpg

Filled the rudder voids with expanding foam. First time I've ever used this stuff. Neat.

More pics & a video on today's blog update: https://she-kon.blogspot.ca/2017/08/ove ... hings.html

Thanks for looking in.

Cheers!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
how did the admiral like the new RV?

good work on the rudder. I myself would have skinned in stainless.

tell you what, if you and the admiral you get in the RV, come on down here with the rudder and I can have it skinned

KnottyBuoyz

how did the admiral like the new RV?

good work on the rudder. I myself would have skinned in stainless.

tell you what, if you and the admiral you get in the RV, come on down here with the rudder and I can have it skinned

Thanks for the offer Scott. Dunno when/if we'll make it that far, at least in the foreseeable future. I already have the materials to skin the rudder. It'll be tough!

Status
Not open for further replies.