Under Construction: Bateau.com TW28 Stretched

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Maybe next time when I learn to sand from a master sander btw the photos rick posts do not do the boat justice it's freaking huge and very good looking

sprintst

Commander
Nice to see you take a bit of a break from the boat. You'll be back at it harder more cash in your pockets later

KnottyBuoyz

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Here's a video from a builder in Turkey who has been producing the TW28 design for a few years. They also stretched the hull 2' from what I can tell the extra length went into the forward cabin space.

https://youtu.be/yN80fPjeXxA

Ours will be approx. 1' 5" longer and the stretch is in the main cabin space.

I'm finished building for the season. Brought in the epoxy from the shed yesterday. I may tinker a little here and there but for the most part the building season is over. :grumpy:

I got done pretty much what I wanted to get done this year. Had a slow start to the season but eventually hit my stride about August! :lol:

Just wanted to thank everybody who's looked in on my posts here and our blog site. I greatly appreciate the feedback & camaraderie that goes on. It really helps keep the enthusiasm for the project alive!

We'll see you back in the spring!

Cheers!

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Man, been following awhile, although silent with no expeience to offer. Spring is so far away.... looking forward to the revival though!

KnottyBuoyz

We had white sh*t falling from the sky yesterday. High temp was 27 F! Brrrrrrr!

Hard to think that 'season 5' is now over and still working on the hull.

spacer.gif
2012-2015.jpg

Back to work in 2 weeks to refill the project kitty. Hopefully there'll much more progress next year.

Stand down.

KnottyBuoyz

Hi Fella's. Back at it for another season. Shorter season this year. Lost a month already due to a work contract with the gubment and I'll finish up the end of Sept to fly out to Grande Prairie AB for the arrival of my first grandchild! :)

Anywho, got a slow start but managed to level the boat today and locate the main bulkhead. Had to do this so that I can finish the stringers & engine beds.

BB6421C1-7030-40C9-9F14-45A54454A73F.jpg

More details & pics on today's blog update: http://she-kon.blogspot.ca/2016/06/i-admit-ive-been-slackin.html

It's good to be back!

Cheers!

KnottyBuoyz

And you sure got guts to add up all the costs, I wouldn't even like to try counting mine.

I sort of have to keep track. When I go to register the boat I'll have to prove tax paid etc. Most of the materials come from the US so I've paid tax when I brought it back through the border. Makes record keeping easy when you get the gubment to do it for you! Thanks for looking in. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.