1977 Aristo Craft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlasrob

Cadet
Found this Sweet nineteen a 1/2 days drive from the house. Haven't seen in person yet, but the owner said he'd go 600.00. Says motor runs good and from the pictures it looks pretty clean. It has the 165 mercruiser.Back two seat pretty rough though. Think I may snatch it up. Not crazy about the color combo though. Spice ? Seats and blue top. Aristocraft says. It came with a spice top???? but it sure is in better shape than the 68 model I was looking at a few months back.

What is the best model year nineteen made and does it hurt the overall value much if you change the seat / top color combo from original. Did the nineteens come with carpet in 77

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

matt167

Captain
Re: 1977 Aristo Craft

That's the standard sliding top. I don't know if all Ninteen's had them but most did. Looks pretty clean... The Ninteen's have a following but it's not due to the original seats and color combo, altho it looks like those seats are in excelent shape, someone would want them if you don't.. Aristocraft is still making some parts to support the Ninteen's

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

She looks just my old A/C. Well, a lot better shape. :) Mine had carpet, or the remnants glued in. I don't think there is a best model year for a 9Teen, changes were pretty minor. Later ones had more motor choices, like the 165 six banger along with 120 four's. Some OMC's sprinkled in.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Considering the 1968 Aristo 19 you originally posted (it's asking price was $500) this is a MUCH better choice & well worth the $100 & the drive if this is the type of boat you're hunting...

The ugly 1:
68 9teen

Let us know if you decide to make the drive. You can't possibly check the boat too closely for problems to try & neq a lower selling price and be absolutely as thorough as you can to try & know what you're getting.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

And Ugly Green looks far worse than mine old one. Greenie hasn't been covered in years, the gel coat is shot and even the seat bases are crack, junk and shot, not to mention the seats are done. The seat bases are part of a one piece floor and it don't look good.

The new one appears to be in good condition, even the fake wood grain looks decent. If you don't know, 9Teens have very little wood. Two pieces in the floor (ski locker and sort of fish box covers), seat frames and some have plywood in the transom. 9Teens are pretty solid boats.

Atlasrob

Cadet

Going to make the drive on Saturday to go and look and hopefully tow back with me. Its almost a 6 hour drive one way!!!

Atlasrob

Cadet

Well 800 miles and we made it safe and sound. I think the 600.00 was fair, although it does need work it does run and sound pretty good. The engine has a rough idle but shouldn't be too hard a fix with either adjustment or a rebuild. The hull looked real good, some minor scratches and stuff and the majority of the gel coat was dirty but again only had minor stress cracks, Not too bad for 35 years old. I do however think it will need a new trailer, it it's about a foot to short for the boat and is back heavy. I will try and post additional pictures. I look forward to input from this site as I tackle the restoration in the upcoming year

Status
Not open for further replies.