"1956 Duratech S-13R "Project: Pop Can" SPLASHED"

Luke000

Restoration Forum Splash of the Year 2016
As promised, I got the top coat sprayed on today! (5/24/2014) The products I used to paint the interior is Tuff Coat Marine. I sprayed it with a standard siphon feed pain gun i purchased at Harbor Freight. The top coat is again a single part, water based product. It is a rubberized coating so I needed to use a hopper feed/ textured pain gun, again purchased at harbor freight. This top coat went on very easy and covered very well, it took two coats sprayed about an hour apart. I used a gallon and a quart with only a little left over, the primer used about 1-1/2 quarts. The paint will have a full cure in about 5 days. On Tuesday the outside is going to get a red stripe sprayed at a body shop so hopefully by the weekend, I can start assembly of the boat!!

Luke000

As of right now the boat is at a local body shop getting painted on the exterior, and will be picked up shortly. We have gotten some assembly done over two days.
Day 1, the seats were filled with foam (just window foam...probably not the best choice) and there was a piece of thin of lauan down to allow water to pass under the seats. We also installed the transom boards and mounting plate as well as the two stern corner caps and some rowlocks.

Luke000

Day 2 of assembly:
Seat caps, backing boards to the dash, steering wheel mount, horn, bow light, bow trim strip, duratech serial # plate, bow shelf, and battery tray.

Luke000

I want to ask everyone for forgiveness but THE BOAT IS DONE :D !!!!! I have not had a computer to update the thread or good final pics of the boat. I promise that by next week Ill have final pictures up- it will be out on the lake for some action shots. The boat looks great and I am very happy with how it turned out! Also stay tuned for a possible new project thread from me some time this week :tape:

m casey stock

Chief Petty Officer
That's okay, mines been done for around 4 months now and I still have not splashed her yet or posted pictures of the upholstery work. Just sits in the shop under a cover. Yours looks great, I look forward to the upcoming pictures!

Luke000

Here are the pictures I promised! The boat runs great and is a ton of fun to drive. After many months of work, this is the final product:

Luke000

And just as this project got wrapped up here in Michigan... it happened again.... My new project found its way home!!! I will open up a new thread soon with all the details but for the time being here is a teaser shot.

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
COOL Boat, Great Job!!!!!.......I might be interested in a little tin jobber now........!!!!

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
You did a really great job on that boat! You need to take it by and show it to the old timer you bought it from.

Just a heads up for the next project, the polystyrene sheet foam (pink and blue) will do a better job and actually be cheaper than the canned foam.

REdington

Seaman
That turned out super nice.
Can't wait till we see what up with the next project. It looks like a tinnie too.