85' glasstream boss 180te restore

bungee49

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Well its been awhile since ive posted on here on my Glasstream,i still cant figure out getting pics from photobucket to here,I've been working on my boat for 2 years and she's now ready to atleast get put in the water to check for any leaks and to make sure all electrical is in working order,so as soon as i can figure out how to do pics I'll get them on here,have alot of before and after and some in between,i still wish someone out here had the same model as i do so i can compare it with mine,so if theres one out there let me know

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: 85' glasstream boss 180te restore

Hey bungee,
Glad to see you are still around and you say you are almost done with your restore...Cool!
To get pics from photobucket to here...
When you click on a pic to see it full size...
A few selections come up on the right side of the screen...
Click on the "IMG Tag" and it will briefly flash to Yellow and say "Copied"
Then come back here to your post and right click in your reply and click on "Paste"
A code will show up...
At the lower right of your post you can choose "Preview Post" to see the pic...
Let me know if you need any more info...
Anxiously awaiting the "Proof"
Best regards,
GT1M

bungee49

Petty Officer 3rd Class

well heres a start,gus,i should of put 85Glasstream Refit for now,i want to put her in the water a nd fish a few times before i tear into her inards,and Restore her like you have done.

bungee49

Petty Officer 3rd Class

well leave it to me ,i think my whole album downloaded,HELP!!!!! But the first shots are when i first got it,a mess,and the motor i got for 500.00 bucks,its a 1987 85hp FORCE,never been in salt water,ill try to get some "what it looks like now"pics up

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Use the little gear that is in the upper right corner of your pics in the album...
Click on the "get Links" and pick the "IMG tag"...it'll look something like this...
URL=http://s1114.photobucket.com/user/bungee49/media/250-1.jpg.html]/URL

Then click "Preview" to see it like this...

then when you are happy with it then click "Post Reply"

bungee49

Petty Officer 3rd Class

a few more,i'll get this photo-bucket thing figured out,thx GT1M for your help

bungee49

Petty Officer 3rd Class

had the seats redone,i think the turned out pretty good.

bungee49

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i made the control box myself out of diamond plating i had,it's temporary,but i think it turned out well

bungee49

Petty Officer 3rd Class

in this pic,i made another switch panel,and i bought all new gauges,however i learned that my motor is a 20 pole motor,now i have to find a tachometer that'll work,so i'm told????any info someone out there can tell about that please let me know,understand folks,this is my 1st ever boat,and i'm kinda learning things the hard way,but i'm havin a blast doin this,and thank you GT1M,by watching and reading your posts from day 1,its givin me the feelin of "I CAN DO THIS". And my next home time (i'm a truck driver) its going in the water,2 yrs and 1 month later,she's at that point.

bungee49

Petty Officer 3rd Class

my $500.00 as GUS would say "tower of power",since i've had her,i've, from the top,replaced spark plugs,thermostat,gasket,new housing cover and bolts,thermoswitch,choke solenoid and plunger,rebuilt all 3 carbs (myself)and all new gaskets that goes along with that,all fuel lines and clamps,exhaust boot,water pump,new fill plugs,and drain plug,oh and a starter,and last but not least a new tilt/trim assembly,i think she'll push me thru the water just fine.and when i do get back home i'll take some more indepth pics.

further

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Good work bungee. I too have a force 85hp and it's a good motor. Easy to work on and gets the job done. As long as compressions good it's easy to maintain and keep er goin. As far as the 20 pole tach, they frequent eBay so keep a look out. Here's one up for sale now although a bit pricey I think

http://bit.ly/1gNx2Je

bungee49

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks further,im now starting to get the hang of this photo posting thing,although now i'm not sure how to put up a profile pic,yea im on ebay alot on the force section,matter fact i just won a bid on an old chrysler control box,ill post pics when i get home,have a great rest of weekend.