'61 Crestliner Arabian Deluxe resto

jbcurt00

Staff member
No, that hole in the step down should get a drain tube and a plug, unless you plan to use pour in foam to fill it COMPLETELY. If you fill it, IMO, theres no where for water to go if it gets into that space, so no need for a hole.

If you dont use pour in foam (I would) then put a drain tube in and when in use, keep a drain olug in the tube. Keeps any water that splashes into boat from going INTO the hole. Pull the plug when you put the boat on the trailer, same as the transom drain plug.....

59 Fatty

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

All done with the '59 Fatty. I am off to get fiberglass and resin. Drilled the transom, completely dry. Using divinycell for the core material.

Attachments

• photo218928.jpg
    photo218928.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo218929.jpg
    photo218929.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo218930.jpg
    photo218930.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo218931.jpg
    photo218931.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 0

59 Fatty

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

Thanks. I know it's been a while since I posted. We had a couple of deaths in the family. Ready to get back out in the boathouse, and dive in to the best hobby EVER! I really appreciate the people that communicate through this forum, and the community of boaters that don't just have a boat, they KNOW boats. The pix are from a little 9.5' tender boat I found at a neighbors house and he sold it to me. I put the 3hp Johnny on it and took it to an AOMCI meet in Winter Haven FL. Sold them both. Funny how if fit in this old van I have.

Attachments

• photo235125.jpg
    photo235125.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo235126.jpg
    photo235126.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 0

59 Fatty

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey JB, will pour in foam absorb water, or is it a closed cell type of foam?

59 Fatty

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well hey there to all the forum friends out there. Getting going on the renovation again. It was 101 degrees in the boathouse yesterday. Going to get Divinycell for the flooring core. And 1708 biaxial cloth over the top. Opinions on this procedure?

Jesse_C

Recruit
Just wanted to weigh in and say thanks for posting all the work you've shared here. I'm hoping you're going to continue on!

I just got my first Crestliner. Mine is a Canadian one, made by CanBar in Waterloo, Ontario, and it's an Arabian Deluxe but with a slightly different stern than yours (the motor well has a wider separating wall, for example). It's pretty much intact ? but there is a bit of a spongy part on the floor - seems to be exactly where you discovered yours. It's just a little soft, and I think I'm going to nurse it through next season. The transom seems extremely solid, though it doesn't have a motor on it. There are no signs of stress, and there has never been any reinforcement. The boat is surprisingly intact, with original upholstery.

I've really been enjoying your updates and I just wanted to encourage you to get going again - your boat's a beauty!

Here's some shots of mine:

my-crestliner-stern-view-e1506388652523.jpg

my-crestliner-back-of-front-seats-1024x768.jpg

steering-wheel-logo.jpg

my-crestliner-1.jpg

my-crestliner-2-deck-v.jpg