1983 bass tracker 3 new carpet

Dimndbnd

Recruit
Hello, First, I am new to iboats and new to boating. I was given a 1983 bass tracker about 6 months ago and want to get started on it so it's ready for next year. Someone was nice enough to steal the gas tank before I took ownership of it so I figure I would start with the carpet and possibly the wood panels if they are needed. Are there any suggestions before I tear this apart? Thanks, D

bakerjw

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1983 bass tracker 3 new carpet

Welcome to the dry dock. I'd plan on replacing all wood decking. It is a 30 year old boat after all. The best thing to do is yry to salvage all of the wood if possible for templates. This should be a pretty easy project.

Dimndbnd

Recruit

Do you have any suggestions as to what kind of wood to use? I did notice the motor's wood panel that it hangs on looked a little worn around the edges. Is there a special wood for different panels? Thank's for the help. Don

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Trackers are easy to take apart and put back together, you shouldn't have any problems.

This is how I did mine:
http://forums.iboats.com/boat-resto...ir/97-tracker-pro-deep-v-facelift-509163.html

To the original poster Dimndbnd

That link provided by
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]jigngrub is an excellent example and was done the right way - read it a few times ;) You can use marine plywood for everything or use acx exterior plywood. Plan on purchasing some resin, fiberglass and I endorse the vinyl that jigngrub used.

Whatever you decide just be certain to AVOID any pressure treated wood.
[/FONT]