Glastron 20' Center Console

nort

Recruit
I have a chance to buy a 1977 Glastron Center Console. I cannot find any information on the center console boats. I can find information on the bow riders and ski boats, but not the center consoles.<br /><br />The stringers appear good and so does the fiberglass. The transom appears sound. It does have one small stress crack in the middle. It comes with a Lakeshore galvanized trailer, that has a little rust on some of the bolts, but on the whole it looks good.<br /><br />Anyone know anything about these boats? Is it a good candidate for restoration?

JasonB

Lieutenant
Re: Glastron 20' Center Console

I have done two 1976 runabouts and highly suspect the hull on your CC is the same hull as a V-195 or V-212. They are good hulls and worthy of restoration if in decent shape. I'm assuming you hace run across www.classicglastron.com? I think "The Years" section is broken right now, but if you e-mail Todd, the site owner, he can likely forward you copies of the original catalog info.

nort

Recruit
Re: Glastron 20' Center Console

I decided to go ahead and buy the boat. I'm sure I will be coming back with many questions as the restoration starts.