My 1968 Glastron GT160 rebuild......

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
BonusCheck, I haven't set a firm date yet, I took 2 weeks off starting this Friday. My list of things to do is getting short, but there is still plenty to do, I think Ill be able to get it all done.

Fab seat base
Fab seat back
Bottom/back seat ? stitch rags and foam
Install hinges for bow seats
tshoot trim pump
Route pitot tube
Install fire ext
Name and KS #s
get an anchor
Install trim rings
run motor on muffs and rig throttle/gear shift
fill and leak check fuel tank and lines
float boat/verify no listing or center of gravity issues
check motor under load on trailer in water

The hope for splash and water trials by the end of July. Also waiting to hear from an OKIE buddy if he got his ol'gal going and is available to run chase for me...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
. Also waiting to hear from an OKIE buddy if he got his ol'gal going and is available to run chase for me...

Ohh boy ! That would be way cool ! Hope that works out ! How far would whom ever be traveling ?

Bonus Check

Petty Officer 2nd Class
BonusCheck, I haven't set a firm date yet, I took 2 weeks off starting this Friday. ....

The hope for splash and water trials by the end of July. ...

I've been watching your build and you've done wonders from what you started with. I hope splashdown is a great event for all the hard effort you've put forth. I'm in Sandestin now wishing I had my boat but just don't like having to deal with an inboard in Saltwater.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Well, I can't find a lake to put the BF in!!! Flash Flooding has all the lakes Closed except mine soooo Every boater within 200 miles has descended upon my lake and there's a 2 hour wait at every ramp!!!! It's utter CHAOS!!!!! But...I WILL get it done soon if I have to take off during the week. I did fire it up on the muffs and it ran FINE!!! No need to think it won't perform well on the water. I get every other Friday off sooo. the Weekend of July 17, 18, 19 would be a good one for me!!!!:D But I may be presumptious...You might have been referring to some other OKIE!!!!:eek::noidea:

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I've been watching your build and you've done wonders from what you started with. I hope splashdown is a great event for all the hard effort you've put forth. I'm in Sandestin now wishing I had my boat but just don't like having to deal with an inboard in Saltwater.

I was stationed at Hurlburt Field for a while and lived in Navarre. Love that area!!

Well, I can't find a lake to put the BF in!!! Flash Flooding has all the lakes Closed except mine soooo Every boater within 200 miles has descended upon my lake and there's a 2 hour wait at every ramp!!!! It's utter CHAOS!!!!! But...I WILL get it done soon if I have to take off during the week. I did fire it up on the muffs and it ran FINE!!! No need to think it won't perform well on the water. I get every other Friday off sooo. the Weekend of July 17, 18, 19 would be a good one for me!!!!:D But I may be presumptious...You might have been referring to some other OKIE!!!!:eek::noidea:

HAHA...its you..2 hours at the ramp is out of control...you can be in the Kansas mud ponds in 4... not sure Ill be done by the 17th...as I get close I will let you know.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Well Like I said every two weeks sooo the 31st would work too!!!! Keep me posted. I'm gunna get the BF Splashed one way or the other!!!!:rockon:

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
First time out of the neighborhood in almost 2 years.....Fresh fuel, leak checks complete, Fuel gauge ops check complete. That completes all dry FTP's!! A race car buddy came over and helped me with the PTT solenoids (basically old ford start solenoids), Turns out it was wired correctly, Some how had a short in the control box and I was loosing the 12 v to the momentary switches. Ended up bypassing the bad wire and routed a new one. Worked out good, the cams and slides were bone dry in the throttle mechanism, so they got a good lube while I was there. Works like a champ, up and down. reservoir/cylinders bleed and serviced.

If you click on the motor pix....As you can hear, I think the bearings on the armature for the pump motor are going to shoot craps....Started squealing just before I finished the bleeding procedure. Dammit man!!!

Thats it for tonight...

Last edited:

PatinIdaho

Chief Petty Officer
NICE work man. Love the engine working. Somehow you forgot the pictures of you flying down the lake. Did i miss something?

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
ToP looks great Cor, sorry about the pump. I haven't had any issues with mine, its the later center ram model. I wonder if you can find someone to overhaul the motor? And by the way, the gas gauge on Miss Morgan has decided not to work.....so looks like I will be doing a little wiring research myself. Its frustrating, even when you replace the entire wiring harness....then a few years later, bam, something fails! Hope you get the pump motor ironed out!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I see some water under the boat .. Hmmm you sure you didn't put it in the lake and not tell us ? :suspicious:

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Arch/Sam, thanks....no secret splash, it rained this afternoon like a tall cow wizzing on a flat rock here!! hoping to take it to the lake on Monday maybe to run the motor under a load (on the trailer) and check the shifter rigging. maybe float it to see if she will float and not list over on her side... but thats it. I have now made the cockpit seats yet. So the Morse and Singer will be back in action soon!!!

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hey All, is today's update...

Got the Glastron emblems refurbished...

Capacity plate installed...

Hinges installed on bow seats...have to come up with a limiting chain for them...

And the cubby hole cover installed..

Thats it for tonight....have a great Saturday!!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
very nice cor! love that you were able to save the glastron emblems! Are they cast aluminum?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Emblems look great !
Now let me get this straight .. Your gunna back the boat into the water ... Float it ... Start the TOP .... And not go for a spin ?
MmmHmm ..

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
HAHA Sam...that exactly why Im doing it with out having the cockpit seats done!!! Also, the admiral and wee ones want to be there when its a go. They are leaving for Georgia on Tuesday for 2 weeks...

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Well I guess waiting for the full crew and seats for you and the Admiral is the smart thing to do .. Just don't forget the plug when ya test float it ! :D