My 1968 Glastron GT160 rebuild......

Tnstratofam

Commander
Beautiful!!! She is gonna turn heads when you get her on the water. If she hasn't allready just sitting in your driveway.:thumb:

Daniel1947

Petty Officer 1st Class
Every once in awhile a rebuild/restore gets finished and it looks like a brand new boat. Fantastic job Cor. As I have mentioned before...I-Boats needs a "BOATER'S HALL OF FAME" and your boat deserves to be in there. Great job. :clap2::cheer2:

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Thanks all....its close, starting to really feel like the end is near!!

Motor is hung...

Happy Independence day !!!

Daniel1947

Petty Officer 1st Class
How about it moderators, a HALL OF FAME thread,, could consist of 1 or 2 before photos, and 1 or 2 after photos. Maybe include a splash pic. Include the link to the members thread. Maybe allow members to vote. Just an idea but we know there are rebuilds that belong there such as Corjen1's, Archbuilder's, Nurseman, and some others. Just an idea, it would give future rebuilders some idea of what a finished project looks like when done properly.

Bonus Check

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Looks Great Cor. I had a ToP on my 76 model Cobra Ski Boat. It was an awesome engine.

Mark72233

Ensign
Corjen that looks sweet and the stickers on the TOP do look better going that way. Great job😄

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
By the way Cor, I looked and Miss Morgan's ToP has the stickers put on the same as yours.......either that is the correct way or we are just really cool and starting a trend :D

Mark72233

Ensign
Arch, as soon as someone from Mercury sees Corjen TOP they will correct their error and start putting them on the right way 😜

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Ok Ok.... you're killin me! How are you thinkin to approach the windshield issue? People want to know?
The work, time, effort, expense........Cor, She's a Beauty! You sure did her right.

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Kassels, I think PatinIdaho is on the right path...its the only thing that is under that section of the top cap...as how to fix, Im not sure yet, for now Im going to run it with the enter piece removed.

Corjen1, It looks like the plywood piece under the windshield at the floor is a little to tall.

Some more progress today...got the steering hooked up and rigged as best I can with out being in the water and seeing how it tracks. Also got the fuel line tied in and final routed. Final routed the engine harness and ops checked the starter circut. (no running, bust bumped it).

Wired the PTT pump, I screwed something up....it will not work with the throttle switches, but I can drive it up and down by jumping the solenoids, so I did manage to get the reservoir and cylinders filled and bleed. This is the exact same problem I had trying to get it to work on the stand....I thought I wired it the same way as the fix from the stand...NO dice!!! Will do some more troubleshooting this week....

We have storms coming in tonight/tomorrow....so the ol'gal got her outside cloths on and got reunited with her parking spot. I definitely will be stitching up a custom cover for her this fall!!

Have a good evening...

veebus52

Cadet
I just finished reading your thread from start to finish. Awesome work Cor! Thanks for taking the time and effort to document your work so completely. It is a real help to people like me who are contemplating a project. You show that anything is possible. People like you, Woody and Arch are what make this forum so cool. I'm new to the forum so I'm sure I've left others out, but those are the threads that I've completed reading so far. Can't wait to see her splashed!

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I just finished reading your thread from start to finish. Awesome work Cor! Thanks for taking the time and effort to document your work so completely. It is a real help to people like me who are contemplating a project. You show that anything is possible. People like you, Woody and Arch are what make this forum so cool. I'm new to the forum so I'm sure I've left others out, but those are the threads that I've completed reading so far. Can't wait to see her splashed!

Wow Veebus, first Welcome to the Iboats Dry dock!! Second, you must be really board!! (kidding) third, Thanks for spending the time, I hope that I and the Iboats guys that helped me, have given you some insight....

Cor the boat looks awesome great job on everything

Thanks Minch!!, You are doing some really great work yourself!!

Last edited: