My 1968 Glastron GT160 rebuild......

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
With a good backing plate I doubt that you will have any trouble with the pb cracking ..

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
When I show you how to make a Super Duper WOG TOW strap you won't HAVE that worry!!!:eek::D

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Mike...always appreciated !!

Final assemby has officially started!!

Thats it for today...

Also, this showed up today....

Last edited:

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
So I have a 9 day push ahead of me (use or loose vacation policy at work).....Time to make the doughnuts!! It goal is to be ready to final install the top by next weekend.

Fuel cell located...have to make some tie down straps and anchor points.

Swim ladder fitment and install....

Battery tie down tray.....decided to go with two batts, one for engine/gauges/depth finder/horn/nav lights. the other for the entertainment circuits. Stereo, device chargers and such.

Tray pb'd in....

Plan for tomorrow, fuel cell anchor points, glass the battery tray in and fill the flotation boxes with pourable foam.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Wow you are moving forward! You should be able to make a dent in her with that much time! Hurry, summer is 30 days away in our neck of the woods!

Tnstratofam

Commander
Looks like you'll be a man on a mission for the next 9 days. Everything is looking good by the way.

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
So here is today.....

tabbed in the battery tray, and fabbed the lock down rods. Cut and fit the rubber strips for Batts and fuel cell to rest on.

Fabbed, located, PB'd and tabbed in the fuel cell mount studs.

Continued next post...

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Also filled the flotation boxes!!!! Whew....Im tired!!!

I did it in short pours....700ml at a time....350 Part a/b each it would expand at about 4 inches at a time.

Strips...cut on a band saw out of a rubber matt from home depot....

Thats it for today....tomorrow; the foot kick board fab, pb and tab in. if things go well, maybe I will get to break out the spray gun and shoot some white!!!!

Last edited:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Looking nice Cor! I think that is the same rubber mat, I used, worked great under my gas tank.......never thought about using it under the batteries. What kind of blade did you use by the way? Just a wood blade?

Daniel1947

Petty Officer 1st Class
As always, your work is professional and meticulous. What can you tell me about the swim platform/ladder set up. I like the way yours looks, maybe interested in installing one on mine. I do need help getting this "fat" body out of the water at times.

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
A bit of update for today....

No white paint....thats tomorrow now. But I did get the kick plad fabbedm speaker holes located and cut, The Piece CSM'd, PB's and tabbed in.

The green marks are from first dis-assembly... Thankful they were still there!!

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Not a lot for today....primer and white paint....

Components removed, taped and masked ....

As you can see this girl will get very little carpet...(The parts that are un-painted..)

Tomorow, the componets and re-install the top!!!

Last edited: