My 1968 Glastron GT160 rebuild......

Smtred

Seaman Apprentice
It has been awhile since I visited your thread. You've made some great progress your upholstery skills are top notch :rockon: Keep up the amazing work.

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
It has been awhile since I visited your thread. You've made some great progress your upholstery skills are top notch :rockon: Keep up the amazing work.

Thanks Smtred! I took it all out of the boat today...felt kind of weird...like going backwards. Getting ready to take the top off again. Next time it goes on, it will be the last!!! Ready to build floatation boxes ad start setting equipment. PT n T, batteries, wiring and such.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I kind of toyed with the idea of a jack plate. They work well for inching out your top end speed, but you have to be careful about not starving the engine for water. You can get a low water pick up to help with that. A friend of mine has a Skater catamaran with twin 300 mercs on it. From what he tells me, the optimum performance is with the top half of the prop out of the water.....which seems to work well for him at 109 MPH! I did some measuring and figured out my cavitation plate sets almost exactly even with the bottom of the hull. That seems to be the "sweet spot" from what I read on non jackplate set ups. So I went without it and don't have any regrets.....but they do look cool! :D

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
A bit of action today...

Decapitated again....

built the floatation boxes...

wetted them out and laid on some csm...

While that was kicking...put out new nailer....dont know what its called in boat world (screw strip)??

At this time I was wishing I had a pneumatic cherry puller..... nope, I have a hand squeezer at home!!

Hoping to get the boxes PB'd and tabbed tomorrow before i get in trouble with the Mrs......

Last edited:

Tnstratofam

Commander
Anything going back into the hull versus ripping out is a great thing. All your hard work is gonna make for an awesome ride.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Looking good cor. I had to do some riveting today also only about 25 of them yea its stinks haha

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
A little progress today!! Got the flotation boxes PB'd and tabbed in. Also reomved the PTnT pump/resovior from test stand and mounted to the float box.

Started to figure out where the batteries will go..

Thats it for today...hope you have a great rest of your Sunday!!

zool

Captain
Looks good Corjen!.....I did a little mocking up parts today too, Battery locations, charger, ect was a welcome break from just cloth and resin ;) Plus its a great way to make sure everything jives and you get a good balance of weight P & S.....

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Not too much going on....waiting on foam to get here...(monday) I did order a fuel tank today. Decided to go with a moeller instead of repairing the original. it should last at least till Im taking a dirt nap!!! :eek:

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Sound system and swim platform on its way.....Only thing left to order are the ToP decals and a few spools of wire!!!! First week of may....Vacation at Longtine's boat restoration outfit!!!

Mark72233

Ensign
Awesome plan. I have a similar vacation plan near the end of May just me and my boat for a week.

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Awesome plan. I have a similar vacation plan near the end of May just me and my boat for a week.

Is the guy in your pix giving someone the bird??? Not complaining, I like it!!!! Good luck on your vacation!!

Mark72233

Ensign
😊 No that's my dad on the boat before he passed away. It's hard to tell in that small picture but he is giving a kind of salute and wave, with all of his fingers 😜

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
😊 No that's my dad on the boat before he passed away. It's hard to tell in that small picture but he is giving a kind of salute and wave, with all of his fingers 😜

I like it either way!!!!

No boat activity today....but my favorite FED EX guy showed up today bearing gifts!!

I spent the day winding the Splash clock a bit tighter for my self!!!! 25 Footer...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Wow ! The Sportsmaster sure cleaned up nice ! Soooo ya pulling the boat behind the camper ?

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Looks like someone is taking a spring trip! One of theses days I need to get a camping trailer....ok no I don't for some reason I can see that being a project! :D Nice looking rig!

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Wow ! The Sportsmaster sure cleaned up nice ! Soooo ya pulling the boat behind the camper ?

Nope....I have a half tone pickup....plenty of HEMI power.....not enough ass to stop a tandem pull!!! The boss will have to pull "Nauti-Thoughts"

Looks like someone is taking a spring trip! One of theses days I need to get a camping trailer....ok no I don't for some reason I can see that being a project! :D Nice looking rig!

I hear ya!! Just got it, needs a quality sound system... TV/Blu-ray for the rainy days at the lake, then there is chairs, hammock, the lounging essentials..... and a spot for the potato gun!!!!!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Well, looks like the next time I come to visit, I can spend the night in LUXURY!!!!:clap2: