My 1968 Glastron GT160 rebuild......

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Only 2 of the boards were dry, so here is what I got done today.......

First, I highly recommend this stuff, it has a good nozzle fr a easy controllable spray. 3-5 min tack time. super sticky as well.

These are the support boards for the bow seat.

Hop your all had a great weekend!!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Ditto on the blue, very nice. I used 3M super 90 to put my carpet in. They make great spray glue, but I haven't seen that one before. Where did you pick it up?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Tip on the Spray glue...Pull the nozzle after each use and give it a bath in Mineral spirits. It'll keep it clean and working like new for each use!!! I also use the Super 90 and have never seen what you're using. Let me know when you get ready to do your foam work. I got some tips for you on that as well. Do you have a Band Saw??

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Tip on the Spray glue...Pull the nozzle after each use and give it a bath in Mineral spirits. It'll keep it clean and working like new for each use!!! I also use the Super 90 and have never seen what you're using. Let me know when you get ready to do your foam work. I got some tips for you on that as well. Do you have a Band Saw??

Thanks WoG, yea, I have a band saw. Last time I used the Admirals electric carving knife.....it went through the foam like....well, ummm...butter?? Im goig to go get some in after a while....Ill give you a shout later....

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Got the back rests stuffed today....so these too now are 100% and ready for spring final install

and a bit of Christmas cheer for you from my all time favorite Christmas show......."It's a Major Award!"

Have a great day All.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Wow just wow. You should see it from the street dear! :becky:

The back cushions look nice and comfy. Your uhpolstering skills are out of site.:encouragement:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Looks great !
Btw , I don't recall but what are the big looks like 2 " holes for running down each side of the gunwales there for ?
Wish I had a leg lamp .....

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Looks great !
Btw , I don't recall but what are the big looks like 2 " holes for running down each side of the gunwales there for ?
Wish I had a leg lamp .....

Hey Sam, they fit the bow back plates with the retaining clips I had to remake due to intergranular corrosion. the clips fit in the up direction...kinda of backwards than what you would think.....

The top of the clip goes to the top of the hole....bottom of panel/pleat side fits in the recess/ledge.....

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
last couple....

the two blues dont look too bad together.....compliments of the Admiral!!!

Good night all!!

zool

Captain
You can just tell that's gonna look great when done, nice job!....just think, just a hundred or so hours to go! :D...well, a bit more for me prolly ;)