My 1968 Glastron GT160 rebuild......

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
OK, a bit of an update.....Some more of the same, but I can now say all 4 of the side plates are 100% complete and ready for install in the spring.....

Started fabbing the structure for bow seats.....

Hope you all have a good rest of your weekend!!!!

Last edited:

pckeen

Commander
Ok - that's weird. how come everyone on this thread has been demoted to 'cadet',....

pckeen

Commander
That's weirder - I've just been given an additional 40 posts beyond the ones I've actually made.....the iboats gremlins are back at work....

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Spent today fabbing seat structure....needed to do that in order to establish dimensions for the covers/pleats.

Here you can see the initial layout lines for the blue banding/pleats.....still deciding if I want 4 or 5 inch banding. Im told from a very good source that it should be 25% of the width.

More next post....

Last edited:

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
HAHA, these two are itchy to go boating I think......

had to kick them out to do this...

The boat didnt have these originally, but I wanted a back rest if your toes were pointed at the bow..

example of T nuts and studs....

With that, I should be back to upholstering tomorrow!!! Also found two free hide a bed couches for donor foam on craigs list, if they are still there in the morning...SCORE!!!! Have a great weekend!!

Last edited:

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
A little lunch time update...while the panels are drying, I got the "newly added" back rests sewn together...

Hopefully a few of the panels are dry enough to cover later....