My 1968 Glastron GT160 rebuild......

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Merry Christmas Cordell
images

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Thanks WoG!! I hope you had a great day filled laughs and love.

To the rest of our Iboats family, same to you and I wish you the best for this next year!!

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hey All, I have been meaning to do this for a while....hope you enjoy. I am thankful for the friendships I have made here on Iboats and the help you have given for this build.

Moderators,please move this thread to the completed section.

Cordell.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
To my good friend Cordell, What a tribute to a fantastic build. This will be one of the builds long remembered and referenced. You did it ALL. Every aspect of a boat rebuild can be seen and referenced in your build. Congratulations to you and your amazing skills. Did she ever get a name and a proper christening??? I'll buy the Champagne!!!!;)

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
To my good friend Cordell, What a tribute to a fantastic build. This will be one of the builds long remembered and referenced. You did it ALL. Every aspect of a boat rebuild can be seen and referenced in your build. Congratulations to you and your amazing skills. Did she ever get a name and a proper christening??? I'll buy the Champagne!!!!;)

Thanks Mike, she does have a name....Nauti-Thoughts.... I have not put it on yet, this spring I will.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Corjen your build is as complete a build as there is here on the forums, and should be a reference point for all who decide on rebuilding a glass boat. To say you did an exceptional job is an understatement. I love the video. Great job all the way around. Thanks for letting us tag along on your journey.:rockon:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Thanks Mike, she does have a name....Nauti-Thoughts.... I have not put it on yet, this spring I will.
I KNEW t That!!! Just didn't see any reference to it in the Video!!! Thought maybe before you put this to bed and called it complete you Might want to include that in the video!!!! But Hey I am Just the Old Dumb Okie so I'll go back and sit it the corner. I been workin on the Blue Flamingo for 6 years and She's not done Yet!!!!!:eek::facepalm:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Finally got home with time to watch the video ... Outstanding job Cordell ! Yours is one of my favorite boats and restorations on the forum !!.:cool:. Like Woody said ya did it all from start to finish !! So glad you took the time to bring this gal back to life AND let us tag along for the ride !
OK time to bring on the next Corjen1 restoration !!! :joyous:

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
All, thanks.

WoG, you are right, maybe I shouldn't close the thread just yet. for some reason I cant edit they post asking for the mods to do it. Hopefully they will read this post and not move it.

Sam, I always have my eye out.... there is a 76 Glastron 160 Ive been watching...I dont think my Mrs is real thrilled about the idea....

Another good thing from learning to do the upholstery is that its turned into a good little side cash maker....it paid for this new to me Juki 562!

Last edited:

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Fantastic video Cordell! It does a proper tribute to your build. Your boat is one of the coolest looking boats I have ever seen, and you totally crushed the rebuild. Well done!

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
I have to agree one of the best builds I have seen. Your boat didn't look this good when it was new You should be a very proud boat builder/owner

Carpenter2486

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Fanstastic referance for my rebuild, as said by all, im sure your very proud of your accomplishments, boat, motor, trailer look great!

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Fanstastic referance for my rebuild, as said by all, im sure your very proud of your accomplishments, boat, motor, trailer look great!

Thanks Carpenter! I hope it helps you along your way!! I love this boat, but couldnt have done it with out all the help here on Iboats!!

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Finally got Nauti-Thoughts out....The ToP ran like a champ. Beans even got his first driving lesson..

Click on the pix, for some cackling 2 Stroke Music...

Have a great rest of your Weekend!!

Last edited:

Tnstratofam

Commander
Looks like you all had a good day on the water. She's a still a sweet ride, and still my favorite restoration.:thumb: