My 1968 Glastron GT160 rebuild......

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Wow Cor, very cool, I may have to hire you to make another one!

Look what I found when rummaging around for electrical parts while working on a little refit of Miss Morgan today.

Sorry knew I would find it later....never fails!

HAHA...thanks anyway...thats always how it works!!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Hey aren't the emblems supposed to go on the front and back ? :rolleyes:
Nice work now how bout whippen up a white e-tec one ! :D

Tnstratofam

Commander
You all look like you had a great time, and on a BEAUTIFUL boat. The videos look like you had a bit of chop to deal with. Looks like the Glastron handles real good. This has got to be in the top 5 rebuilds on this forum! I think you did an amazing job, and should feel proud of how good she turned out. Hope you all have a great rest of the summer and enjoy.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Nice Now you get to enjoy the pay off of all the hard work ! Beautiful job !
Hey ,what is the red flag for . Warning mass quantities of Twizzlers being consumed by hungry youngsters ! :D

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Nice Now you get to enjoy the pay off of all the hard work ! Beautiful job !
Hey ,what is the red flag for . Warning mass quantities of Twizzlers being consumed by hungry youngsters ! :D

HAHA..the flag is for swimmers in the water. The twizzlers are anti "ear ache" medicine....you know...im hungry, im tired, im hot, Im thirsty....bla bla bla.... its the only thing I have put on a boat that stops all of the above!!!!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Soooo, didja get any "Ramp Comments" about the Classy Old Boat??? OR did they just think it was BRAND NEW!!!!!

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Thanks All, the laughing, excited screams and smiles on their faces makes it all worth it.!! All in all, very happy with the outcome!!

So, a few runs under her and I have some questions for you...

Issue 1: cant seem to get the tack set right...on the the back, on the back of it it has a dip switch...the instructions say 6 cylinders = position 2 - in that position, tach say its idling at 2300 and will indicate 7000 RPM on the top end. which there is NO way thats correct. I tried the other positions just for grins...in the high positions, the idle seems appropriate... maybe a bit high, but immediately off throttle the needle pegs. Any suggestions??

Issue 2: the tank is in the bow....outlet is just a few inches higher than the engine inlet.....on the ramp, the tank tries to gravity feed to the motor, and it will start flooding the lower carb. Also, sitting out on the lake, engine off, just bobbing around with the waves, the motor will flood. short term is to unhook the fuel line from the motor...I would like to have a more long term solution...Again any suggestions?

Much appreciated..

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
No clue about the Tach... What Brand/Model??

As for the fuel...any way you could install an inline shut of valve

6180063_mpo_339134_pri_larg.jpg

and have easy access to it. Does the Line run under the deck??

Last edited:

Government cheese

Seaman Apprentice
Considering you are running a two stroke six cylinder, you need a setting for a twelve cylinder engine. My only two ideas are to set it to the 6cyl setting and remember it reads twice as high, or I'll bet there's a resistor that can be changed to make it read correctly.

Thus is truly an inspiring restoration.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Cor, Looks like all of your work paid off! Glad that you and your family are getting to enjoy it! On the tach, I think you have the same one I have. I don't remember having an issue with it, but I'll try to look at the back of it today. Does yours have a distributor? Mine is a switch box, model, so the tach set up might be a little different

On the flooding, I'm wondering if you just need to clean up the carbs? Seems like the float should stop that from happening.

Gold Eagle Co

iboats Partner
Hey everyone,

While other products may help clean up the fuel system, we would be happy to get some free bottles of STA-BIL? 360?? Marine out to the first 5 people the PM us. STA-BIL? 360?? Marine will help clean the fuel system, restore power, maximize fuel economy, prevent ethanol damage and smooth idle. This product also emits a vapor to coat metal components of the fuel system both above and below the fuel line.

http://www.goldeagle.com/STA-BIL360-Performance-Marine-Campaign

All we ask in return is a brief review of the product once you have had a chance to give it a try. We will also include some 303? Products.

http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/303-products

Have a great day!

Merkel

Recruit
Hey Everyone, I am a newbie to this Forum and not sure where to ask my question. I recently was given a Boat with a 90hp Johnson outboard motor. I had it out running on the water but it was running rough. ( I shut the motor off a few times on the lake and each time firing it back up it took a couple times and quit a bit)

I bought some seafoam, and did what I thought was correct and (With out having the motor running) poured an entire bottle into the gas tank. Now the motor does not wanna fire up, the starter just moves the head a bit ( not spinning it). Ive pulled the plugs out and it spins and spits ( so Im thinking the compression it good)

could this be my battery? or Plugs? suggestions?

Thanks guys!

Merkel.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to iBoats. Go to the main page and in the top left corner you'll see where you can start your own New Topic. How old is the motor? If you're mechanically inclined, I'd recommend pulling the carbs and cleaning them and installing new kits. New Plugs prolly wouldn't hurt either.