Status
Not open for further replies.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: 1985 century cts rebuild

This is the repair w/ 3 layers of CSM:
attachment.php

the light spot?

Yep, I'd add a layer of 1708 on the interior, and at least a layer of CSM & 1708 on the outside. I'd probably even do CSM/1708/CSM/1708 on the outside.....

centurycts

Cadet
Re: 1985 century cts rebuild

Thanks JB. I will do so. First I'll grind the part that I just did to get the wax off...and wipe down with acetone. I have to find a heater as the temp is under 55 now and 35 at night. When I finish, I'll post pics... Thanks All. John

centurycts

Cadet
I am having a problem in finding the correct rub rail insert for this boat. Taco marines closest insert is v21-9501. My rail is 1.5" tall (matches picture) with a 5/8" (3/4" in picture) insert opening. The bottom "lip" to lower C section measures .5" ( picture is 5/8")
Do you think this would fit?
a11-0638_0.gif

Last edited:

Explode64

Recruit
Sorry to bring up an old thread.

I am looking at a CTS down here in New Zealand. It is a 1989 or 90 model.

Can you please let me know what I should be looking out for when viewing the boat? How do I look for soft stringers? Do you have any tips?

Also what is the CTS like in choppy water?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Sorry to bring up an old thread.

I am looking at a CTS down here in New Zealand. It is a 1989 or 90 model.

Can you please let me know what I should be looking out for when viewing the boat? How do I look for soft stringers? Do you have any tips?

Also what is the CTS like in choppy water?

Please start a new thread with your questions. As you noted this is an old thread and we prefer that old threads remain dormant. Also please use the default font - This is hard to read for older eyes. Thanks.

After 30 years any boat suffers from the same issues if it was not properly maintained over those 3 decades. Here is a checklist for looking at an older boat - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/gen...eeding-help-buying-a-boat-a-buyer-s-checklist

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.