14' Larivee restore

friderday

Chief Petty Officer
Couple more of the frame.... ....couldn't resist throwing in yesterday's haul...I went 3 for 5 on snook yesterday. 2 in the slot (31") and one just under (26"). Lost an ablsolute slob...took me into the rocks...

friderday

Chief Petty Officer
Sorry...scatterbrain today...these were the best pics of before with all the rust, WOG...They look soooooo very much better. Again, thank you for your advice.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Advice is pretty much Worthless unless the Advice-ee can "Git er Dun"!!! Looks to me like, you got some SKILLS!!!!:rockon:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Soooooo this is why we torture ourselves with the itchen and grinding !!

I,m glad your here to keep reminding me of that ... :D
Btw i knew you were just hiding your painting skills from us . Looks like pro stuff to me !
Might still be favoring that thumb a bit too huh ...

friderday

Chief Petty Officer
Yup...nice to see the fruits of our labor, huh Sam? Trying to get me motivated to start the next restore...:cheer2:..You know I hadn't noticed it until you mentioned the thumb. Notice in the pic, I no longer treat it like an opposable digit...it's ok if it's straight, but don't ask me to bend it (far). Insert a lot of really naughty words here...like mud, of course. Fishin' on fire here. Absolutely killing the snook bite.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
It is a amazing how we adapt if it don't bend no more we just learn to use it straight. I know you can restore the heck out of a boat but you don't kow nothing about restoring a bike. you took a pretty white nice looking bike and made it old and rusty. Is that what they call patina

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
It is a amazing how we adapt if it don't bend no more we just learn to use it straight. I know you can restore the heck out of a boat but you don't kow nothing about restoring a bike. you took a pretty white nice looking bike and made it old and rusty. Is that what they call patina

:lol: :laugh::rofl: :pound:

friderday

Chief Petty Officer
now that's just plain funny right there minch....yeah, that thing started out as a rust bucket. I honestly thought when I sanded the fenders, they would disappear, but I think they're gonna be ok. I am really impressed with wog's paint plan. The bike looks showroom finish with very few exceptions. Who knows....might have to use this recipe instead of gelcoat on next boat. For now, I'm just becoming upright from a couple days of the flu...this crap doesn't get easier as we get older. I think Sam blew his nose to the south as I know he's had the crud too. Spent the last couple days in bed. Just starting to snap out of it, but now my back is a wreck from being supine too long. Arggh!!! Enjoy your weekend!!

friderday

Chief Petty Officer
Hey guys...just a quick update...sadly, my dad lost his battle earlier tonight. I know many of you knew he was struggling recently. I will be heading back up to central Florida just as soon as the arrangement are finalized. This man, although not my real father, was the only dad I ever knew. I am grateful for the many things he taught me...most of it had to do with boating and fishing or anything involving tools, grease, baseballs, or footballs. He was so very proud of everything I ever did, especially the boat restore and most recently, the bike restore. I got the trike from his next door neighbor 2 months ago and just last week, I was able to send up the assembled almost final pictures so he could see how good it turned out. It was only missing the seat, but he was so happy to see how drastically it had changed. It doesn't appear he suffered much at the end...a few days ago hospice came and he stopped eating, drinking, communicating. No matter how long you've been expecting this, it still slaps you silly.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Sorry for your loss Lisa, my wife lost her's over the summer. PM your way. The Admiral and I will keep you and yours in our thoughts and prayers.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Here's all I have to say about that...

God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
he wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so,

He called it ... Dad

God Bless Lisa!!!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
So very sorry Lisa .. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family ..
It's never an easy thing to go through ..

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Sorry to hear of your loss Lisa, it is never an easy thing. My prayers will be with you.

friderday

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks fellas...I feel your love...Services have been set. Looks like the kids & I will be heading to central Florida next Sunday (8th) for the day. JBcurt...I told Pat how close you were going to be...she got a kick out of the coincidence and was also touched by how many of you offered condolences. Bless you all...proud to call each a you my friend.

jbcurt00

Staff member
We are meeting John on Dora Ave Mon.

Travel safe, wave as you pass thru Orlando ')