1997 Chaparral 2330 Bowrider - Minor Restore and Refit

jkust

Rear Admiral
I am always amazed at what some of the posters here are capable of. You call this a minor resto but this is pretty big to me. It is interesting having the next generation Chaparral how I don't think a single thing is the same. Completely different construction in just about every way. Everything you addressed is different...even the seat bases. Seriously....great job.

NorthwestChap

Petty Officer 1st Class
Needed something to see where I was going and to see the fish. Installed the mount and cable pass thru.

drewm3i

Petty Officer 1st Class
You've done an outstanding job! Love the gps, but are you sure you don't want to keep the compass? Im an ocean boater, but I would always want it as back up. Also, the swim platform is a nice edition and I love the tabs. Do you have any plans to dress the boat in faux teak? If so, check out infinity woven vinyl that can be bought from surplus (cheap) sellers on eBay. Also, these boats are great boats with strong, seaworthy hulls. I have logged 500-600 ocean/gulf miles in mine and have never been uncomfortable or felt unsafe. One thing I do have to gripe about though: whoever designed these boats without a transom walkthrough should be fired, especially mine because the top cap is so tall. I'm 22 and still climbing all over the vinyl to board gets so old. Have you ever thought about adding a walkthrough?

NorthwestChap

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks Baylinerchuck.

Thanks drewn3i. It didn't ever have a compass. Certainly, as an ocean boater, your needs are entirely different. As I boat in the Puget sound and inland lakes, my cell phone provides more than sufficient backup.

I am still planning on adding some sort of padded surface to the swim platform. I did put some temporary antiskid foam on the original swim platform and find that it works very well. It doesn't look too bad either.

NorthwestChap

Petty Officer 1st Class
The only things not completed from my original list were two of the long term goals, snap in carpet, and wakeboard tower. I am so pleased with the comfort and utility of the nonslip deck, that I don't think I will put carpet in any time soon, if at all. The tower is still an option, but depends on my boys and what they like in the future.

drewm3i

Petty Officer 1st Class
New outdrive too? Sheesh! How much do you have into this boat? 25k? That's basically a better than new boat now.

Pete_a

Petty Officer 3rd Class
She's beautiful. I like the mercruiser drive too, sticking to oem very nice

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Dratsssss..I thought I posted? I meant to say How Great She Looks! There, I said it. Have a ton of fun with that Great Looking Boat!
KC

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
Amazing work man! I hope my skill level gets to like 10% of yours some day.