1983 Wellcraft Project Bowrider 180

tremer17

Cadet
I have started a website that shows a photo by photo restore of a 1983 Wellcraft Bowrider. If anyone is interested in seeing it visit. <br /><br /> My web page <br /><br />I will keep asking Questions about it here on this post. Any advise on getting foam out?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1983 Wellcraft Project Bowrider 180

Where's that boat been kept? Parts of it look ok and other parts, like the dash, look like heII. <br /><br />You'll be an expert when you are finished with that one tremer. Wouldn't it be nice if the factory did the job right in the first place? Then again, I guess you wouldn't have the bargains that are available.

tremer17

Cadet

It will teach me alot. One question though. When the stringers are removed can you walk around on the inside to work on the new stringers? Will it be sronge enough without them? Any precausions I should take?

kevin500

Seaman Apprentice

If you want to see some other projects, learn from other peoples trial and error like I did, :) (and I thank them all!) visit the link at the bottom, look around at some of the good workmanship and attention to detail on some of the rebuilds posted in the boat section. (Don't look too closely at mine, not much happening in the last few weeks due to work and my being "motivationally dysfunctional")

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

You will need to support the hull while the stringers and floor are out. It may distort while gutted and you could end up building trouble into your hull.

tremer17

Cadet

Can you give me some Idea what a support device looks like or how to build one?

tremer17

Cadet

The top deck is still attached. Does this change the need for supports to be in place.

Indymike

Petty Officer 1st Class

Take lots of measurements prior to bringing in the wrecking ball. The deck staying attatched will help alot. Be sure the hull is evenly supported. Jackstands and blocks work but I think a well set up trailer is as good as it gets for support.

tengals123

Master Chief Petty Officer

check below for link to my restoration.<br />good luck with it.<br /><br />cheers