trailer bunk carpet question

craze1cars

Lieutenant Commander
I don't see another good category for this so I'm sticking it here. Let me know if it should be moved.<br /><br />Maybe this is a dumb question, but I'd love an answer. Does anyone know if there is an actual difference between trailer bunk carpet and other boat carpet? Will one last longer than the other on trailer bunks? An extra $20 means nothing to me if one lasts longer than the other.<br /><br />Biggest reason I ask is that bunk carpet seems to come only in narrow widths (8 inches or so) and I have a couple short bunks protecting my fenders that are well over a foot wide, plus I gotta wrap them around the wood so I need about 15 to 18 inches.<br /><br />On a related note, should bunk carpet be glued on, stapled on (obviously only on the opposite non-contact side to prevent scratching), or both? If glue is involved, what kind is best?<br /><br />As always, thanks for the tips.

craze1cars

Lieutenant Commander
Re: trailer bunk carpet question

That figures. I just found the "Trailer" section elsewhere. <br /><br />Then I did a search for "bunk carpet" and got all the answers I need.<br /><br />If an administrator sees this, please feel free to move or delete the post accordingly....<br /><br />Sorry.