Windshield wiper blade needed

JohnRuff

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I know I am getting old but this one is driving me nuts.<br /><br />I need a 14" flat wiper blade for my 1984 Sea Ray. Not one boat dealer in Phoenix has it - and they say they can't find any. One told me a customer of his found one in a truck stop.<br /><br />It is just a simpe channel - like the leter U that the blade slides into. Nothing fancy.<br /><br />Might someone here know where I can get replacement blades?<br /><br />John

JohnRuff

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Windshield wiper blade needed

It is not so easy. Most all replacement rubber refills now have slots and are anything but a simple piece of rubber. Yes I only need the refill but I cant use one that has slots up the sides.

chuckz

Chief Petty Officer

It may be simpler to replace the whole blade so you can use automotive refills.

JohnRuff

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I would love to replace the whole blade -- unfortunately it uses a non-standard blade so no replacement is available.<br /><br />I cant replace the whole arm because it has a non standard rotating stub.<br /><br />So that leaves me with replacing the whole windsheild motor. And that just stinks :) <br /><br />(Checked Whitney - they just have the normal stuff)

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Go to a salvage yard and ask them for any wiper arm. Note what car it came off of. At home, cut the motor end off the arm. On your existing arm, cut it off so you have about 2 inches of overlap. Drill two small holes and pop-rivet the two pieces together. Or, the two pieces can be welded together. You can now use replacement blades for the car you got the arm from, or a shorter or longer one as necessary.

JohnRuff

Petty Officer 2nd Class

<perk> Now thats an idea! Or even weld them together :)