1989 Vanguard Regal Deck restoration help......

ratcliffe_24

Recruit
Hi there,
before I get into my restoration questions I would like to say thanks for any input. Its been a lot of sleepless nights lately so I could really do with some answers.

I have an 18 ft Vanguard I bought last year and this year I noticed that the floor in front of the bow and to the sides of the ski locker was getting soft. I started digging around and everything is rotten. Im going to attempt to redo the boat in the next few months. I'm financially stuck to this boat so its going to be a fixer. I have already had it fall off the trailer in the middle of the road and I seized the upper out drive not changing the oil properly.

My first question is for anyone that is in Canada. Is there one store that sells all for deck repair? How does the bow top section of the boat attach to the deck? I haven't taken up the carpet yet but I'm just trying to get an idea what I'm into. I have also read threads regarding Line X for floor covering, however I'm lucky in that my neighbour owns one. If price wasnt an issue would Line X be everyones first choice? Thanks for the help. I guess I'm attached to my first boat so I want it to be perfect. I appreciate the help getting it there.

JHurst

Recruit
Re: 1989 Vanguard Regal Deck restoration help......

Recently restored a 1989 Regal Empress, floor , seats , side panels, cuddy, etc. High grade plywood for floors is pretty inexpensive , then treat with a water sealer and put liguid fiberglass over plywood before carpeting. You'll never replace it again. That's not much money, just labor! Good luck