teleflex steering unit removal

daveydoodle

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Have a 1997 alumicraft with above hydraulic steering assy. am trying to pull out of the dash wood and just replace the dash panel. Have the dash off so I have access , have the wheel off. Took nut off the wheel side of the shaft and see it goes thru the unit to a cap with a lock pin on inside. On the wheel side is a steel round assy. that the allen nuts secures the wheel to. I see 3 screws inside the unit that I cannot get to. Anyone know what comes next to remove it?? Thanks for any help.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: teleflex steering unit removal

Try and post up some good clear pics of what you have so we can try and give you the best possible approach...

daveydoodle

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Trying to load some pics, is photo bucket the only way to do this?? Having trouble with it even with the instructions..Cant get pics to load . Further on the issue. I found this is not hydraulic steering (has a capped plastic tube about 18 inches long with what looks like oil in it) I can only see2 ways I can get this assy. out of the 3 inch hole.1.The end of the shaft has a locking cap with a pin going thru it and the shaft it would seem I could pull out the shaft with the steering wheel mounting attached.2.the same wheel bracket seems like it should slide out off the shaft(splines??) if coaxed enough. Shoot I read this over and see it would be difficult to grasp but sure some member has done this. Apologies on no pics. but appreciate any opinions. I may try to call Teleflex next wk.

Last edited:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

I will try to help, but I am a bit computer dumb...:facepalm:
You were able to load your pics into Photobucket, Right?
Open one tab with your "Reply to Thread" page and Photobucket open in the other...
Click on the picture you want to post from Photobucket, and it will turn full size on the screen, to the right of it, a selection box that says,
Links to share this photo
Left click on the one that says... "IMG" and it will momentarily turn Yellow and say "Copied"
Come back to your reply to thread tab, click in the response box and Right Click your mouse, choose "Paste", and an Image code will come up...
it will look something like this...

[IMG]abc...///...xyz[IMG][URL] Go....com/albums/x447/GT1000000/DSCF2852.jpg[/IMG]
Once you are satisfied with your posting, click "Submit Reply" and done...