Want to make a 'Built-In' Tackle box in my center console...

ShawnQ

Chief Petty Officer
Hello all,<br /><br />I've got a 1995 Blue Wave 189T (19') Center Console bay boat.<br /><br />It is a rolled edge/gunnel boat, not a liner. In some of the higher end liner boats, I have seen tackle boxes/storage compartments built into the center console. <br /><br />Anyone seen these? I know they sell them..but they are pricey...and I'm thinking about making my own out of fiberglass or Aluminum.<br /><br />Has anyone done this? <br /><br />My intention would be for it to have a latching lid/door, and a few sets of rails/tracks that I can set a Shimano Tackle Box on (The clear boxes that come in the tackle bags).<br /><br />Any ideas? Maybe someone knows where I can buy one pre-built, cheap?<br /><br />Thanks in Advance.<br />SQ

ShawnQ

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Want to make a 'Built-In' Tackle box in my center console...

Thanks for the heads up.<br /><br />I am always one who searches before I post..but that item escaped me!<br /><br />I agree, it would be tuff to build something as good as that for the money...especially once you factor in the time spent.<br /><br />Now I need to find one that holds more than 3, or possibly purchase two of them.<br /><br />Thanks again<br />ShawnQ