Need help, Gutting an old bass tracker

eaglerage

Recruit
My dad received a 1998 or 88 bass tracker from a friend of his some years ago and it has been sitting for years now. I recently started working on it and ripped out all of the carpet,wood and water soaked foam from the middle and also the driving wheel etc. but what i need help with is how to undo the rivets holding a sheet covering wires on the sides and also how and which wires to disconnect from the engine so that only the engine works and no other electronics (cassette system was in and also a steering column) work. please reply fast because i wanna at least test it sometime this summer.
These pictures are a little rough because they are from after me and my friends removed the rotting wood and carpet that had at it there. For those that can't tell the motor is a 35 oil injected mercury.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need help, Gutting an old bass tracker

I understand your frustration about posting and not getting an answer. Most of the members have jobs and we can't get to all the posts as quickly as we would like sometimes. Forum rules and recommendations ask that we don't post multiple threads on the exact same topic. There are no pictures with your post so we cannot see what you are referring to. Best way to post pics is to open a Free Photobucket account, upload your pics, and then use the IMG Code to copy and paste your pics into iBoats. Best way to "Undo" rivets is to use a 3/16" drill bit and drill em out.

sevanseriesta

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Need help, Gutting an old bass tracker

Rivets you just drill them out, find a bit just a bit smallerr then the rivet itself. Then the other part should be able to pull out, if not get a flat head screw driver to put a little pressure on it.