1971 Glassmaster 15+ ft 85 hp Evinrude

SouthernDawg

Cadet
Picked up this G'master on Ebay for $700. Interior,seats, conv top, trailer, etc in very good cond. Owner stated that the boat was last started 21 yrs ago when put in storage. Has never been kept outside. I figured the hull and trailer were worth that alone as I love the Old Glassmaster , tri hull bow riders. Great stable fishing platform for such a little boat. If the engine was froze up,so be it. The owner replaced the original motor with an 85 hp evinrude.. cowling says 100 but is different cowling. Anyway, took it home.. had to do some work on the old steel 6gal tanks.. hose connection to engine froze up.. unplugged it... cranked it over and it started right up! Can't wait to get the new registration and dunk it in Strom Thurmond Reservoir and chase$(KGrHqNHJCUFGmtkfJbvBRsP49fZS!~~60_3.jpg$(KGrHqJHJDgFC8QyBtKjBRsP7g8,R!~~60_3.jpg some stripers around.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1971 Glassmaster 15+ ft 85 hp Evinrude

You need to replace the impellar on the motor or it won't pump water for long. I'd also replace fuel filters and clean the carbs and replace the spark plugs.

birddog82

Cadet
Hey how are yall? Im new to this site I just recently bought one myself. Not as good shape but excited bout trying to restore. I've had it in watee couple times.I've changed empeller new fuel lines and new plugs and fuel pump. Last time out on water. In gear it wouldn't go full throttle with throttle all way up like it wasn't getting enough fuel or strainNing or something. Any suggestions? Thanks!

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard birddog - if you've not read the forum rules, please take a few to do so (link below). We ask that you not post in topics over 90 days old unless you're the original poster: this one's been sleepin' for a while.

Best to start your own topic, and get responses specific to your boat in that topic and leave Dawg's to rest.