76 Hammond El Dorado V1950 Restoration

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
That's a horse? I thought it was the neighbor lady :lol:

There's a creepy McCreeper skulking along the garage off to the left.

You got some serious glassin going on with that transom 52. :thumb:

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
When I get back, planning to finish transom area then place some tabbing along the keel to beef it up some. Under the bow walk through, the keel is thin and on the outside the gel-coat is worn off but salvageable.

100_4903eb.jpg

There is also a blow through that need repair some time.

100_4880b.jpg

100_4886a.jpg

Last edited:

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade
that hole should be fine. probably won't let in too much water :joyous:

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well I'm sorry that I haven't been doing anything recently. But after the first college walk through, I had to visit the hospital. Cellulitis reappeared again same leg. Spring break was miserable :faint2:. Following week I stayed in the hospital for four days before they let me out. Stayed home all of April, but now I'm back :).

mrdjflores: :eek: Didn't think of that, it could be a thru hole fitting for a live well that I could have put in. Too late, now that I repaired it.

I did start a few things, laid some 1708 along the keel area and install this star ship under there.

Tabbed it in from the underside, not much space under there. The front still not finished.

Finish tabbing transom and added those trim tab pieces also.

Was checking deck height, bottom of 2X3 would be the under side of decking.

The shims on the top of tank are 3/4 plywood. The front bow section and trim tabs need to have their PB and tabbing. I can now start planning stringers and deck. This week then its measuring and cutting stringers.:laugh: I hope I have enough resin, 8 gallons left. Will probably have to order more.

I am planning to gelcoat deck. trying to figure out would a one or two quarts do it, or would it be more.

Well I'll get back to you all later.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Good to see you back at it 52Ford! Glad you are also feeling better!!!

Watermann

We're all still here, looking good fitty2 :thumb:

Glad to hear your back to being in good health and tearing into the glass!

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well I procrastinated half the summer, but I did manage to do a few things
20151006_193159_010a.jpg

The stringers are in and tabbed, but not capped yet. Deck is cut out and sitting in place.

20150917_174454_007a.jpg

I cut the Ski locker opening already, then found out it has a 5 to 10 degree slant :facepalm:. Thought I had it lined up correctly when I traced it. I'll live with it.

Planning to Gel Coat the locker and fuel bay before foaming.

Its the Devil in the Details (Friscoboater)

Last edited:

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Good to see you mrdjflores. Since cold weather will be coming I don't mind if you need help with a little grinding. ;) If you want to get together PM me later.

This week hope to have floor buttoned up and foamed. If I can get all the little details done, planning on foaming Thursday.

Watermann

Just about there Fitty, keep moving forward :thumb:

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade
We've actually been thinking of getting rid of the big yellow banana...since i've started back to college, seems i never have time for anything

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
We've actually been thinking of getting rid of the big yellow banana...since i've started back to college, seems i never have time for anything
Buy a tarp and save her for the time that you DO have time!!!!;)

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well the stringers are capped, and the deck is glued and screwed :nevreness:. I lost three screws in the precut foam holes:frusty:.
Want to know how many screws I still need to finish :frusty: ?

That's right, three screws:frusty:. Will swing by Menards and pick up one small box. Hopefully will be PB'ing and tabbing this evening. Then foaming soon.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Drop a time capsule in there while you're at it. Next fellar will get a kick out of it! Nice work! Foam will just wrap it all up. :)

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well I used up all the foam I had. I calculated that I need at least 2 gallons. I miscalculated :watermelon:need at least 16 more ounces min. Max would be about 24 ounces. Remember the cans should hold one gallon each, but they are shipped slightly less than a gallon to account for expansion. I had about 106 ounces plus about 4 I lost thru one limber hole that I had to plug up quick :facepalm:. A full can should be 64 ounces, 2 =128 ounces. By that I thought, I only would need 1 kit that totals 2 gallons.

When the foam expanded up to the holes I layed plastic, then the puck back in, with a concrete block to hold it down. Just a little came out the pour hole. Didn't want to wast any but still I miscalculated. Poured 110 ounces (misCalculated 2x16+2x16+2x8+2x16+2x8=128ounces) Place order for second kit. Will used excess as shims under fuel tank (Have 8 plastic sleeves to pour foam into, under tank) Because of the new tank height the deck is up about one inch from old deck.

Last edited:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well no biggy!! Looks like you gots it figered out. But good for you and your progress 52.