76 Hammond El Dorado V1950 Restoration

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well I think the new fuel tank may pass.
This is when its deflated. Gauge didn't work :faint2:

Here is when it had pressure, don't know what the pressure is??:confused:

During the day it keaped increasing its girt.:eek:

I think it was because the sun was heating it up. Placed it in the shed. It shrank some by morning. Left it in shed checked it in the afternoon was still the same size. Will check on it Sunday and see.

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a confession to all the Glassers :blue:

I've been working on some old tin that hadn't floated since 1997. actual it didn't float then it sank.

Here what she looked like while she was going under :cold:

I wonder how many noodles I'll need to get her to float.

Here she is today

The problem is :eek: actual my dog's a tinner. Mocha want something on the line like a StarCraft Chieftain :lol:

She want it to keep the rain off, so she want a bigger boat.

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Started to cut out a template for the transom.

I put wings on the template for the Trim Tabs I'm thinking on installing.

Had to cut off the wings, it would have taken two sheets of plywood. Will add them later. Not as many clamps as what Nurseman has. I'll pick up some more from HF. The Titebond oozed out of the screw holes I had.

Picked up some resin an MEKp from a local boat repair shop. They order it when they had to get theirs. I appreciate that I could get it local an cheaper:)

Also cut out the flooring under fuel tank. Once I have that in, I can figure out the floor height with the fuel tank.

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Oh, I almosts forgot. :D The guy who gave me the SeaRay SRV183 over the summer, found the title. :eek::D He gave it to me yesturday.

Now do I fix it up :rolleyes: or cut it up? :confused::eek:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Hi 52...How is it going? looks like you been kickin arse and taking names! Where are you at on the stringers, grinding etc? Have any been put in yet? I see your using poly. Is the transom installed yet? Trying to catch up. Looks like a great rebuild. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. What grade of ply are you using?
Up here in Pa. weather is getting to crunch time to work on glass. But there are still some days a comming to work still. I've been beating myself with plumbing side work at night to pay the boat bills and watching the weather go by...killing me. Rather be doing da boat. I too would like to see alot more glass guys getting back at you with answers to your questions. Shoot away...there is a whole Navy here of Good Ole' Boys. Pics and more pics.
Pick up looks cool too!

Kevin.

Tnstratofam

Commander
I'm no glass expert for sure, but I'll offer up plenty of support. Your idea on the trim tab extensions for your transom is a great idea. Tagging along.

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
I would have to say most of the grinding is done. after washing the interior of the boat there are a few spots that I missed.

From this
100_3409.jpg

To this
100_4887a.jpg

Just glued the new transom wood together, last night. Waiting for it to dry then start with the belt sander. I'm using Aruco 3/4 ply from Menards. Probably hit the transom area with the grinder a little. May have it install late this week or sometime nexts. May hit a few other area's that need to be fixed.

There one about a little larger than a quarter. Looks like it got popped out from the inside, but no damage on the inside. Can't decide to just fill it in after outside grinding or dish it out and repair on the inside then the outside. It goes under the lip also.

100_4914b.jpg

Look for the marker outline above fender to rear. A lot of area to repair are circled with the marker

100_4913b.jpg

Thanks for stopping by

Last edited:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I think you said it about right. Dish out as many as possible the inside to remove fractured glass if any, pb the hole and glass back from the inside. If they are just small then just clean em up and pb from inside. You can collectively do the exterior fairing/cosmetics later.
You should check out Woodonglass techniques for transom install. Pretty darn good read.

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Working on the Transom.

Cutting a few holes think they are too large? OK, I missed the "s" :facepalm:

Finally did a little Fglassin, filled in some holes

Also trying to get the tent ready for the colder weather.

I think a space heater below the boat an inside the boat should heat it up:target:

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm ready to start glassin

Just need to get warmer temps.

Happy Turkey Day :couch2: :popcorn: Enjoy :D

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Nice art work on the transom Fitty2 :lol:

I saw your dusty footprints around over at tin land and though I would stop by to check it out over here. Most guys would have not posted the oops aww man shot of those 'extra' holes you drilled for the inside transom assembly. Lookin good from here :thumb:

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Went to the Boat and RV show in Louisville over the weekend. The Admiral kept checking prices :faint2:, she couldn't believe it. She liked the swim platform that had Seadec on them, the snap in carpets, and the Admiral's chair at the wheel. Wants to know why I'm not finished yet with mine :lol:. If I had a warm garage and time, I would have been closer to being finished. Things happen I know :facepalm:.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I was cheaper yet, showed my admiral craigs list :lol:

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
I know Woodonglass is going to get on my case about wearing the protective gear, but I damaged my face mask after putting on the first layer on the transom also hit my head a couple time.. I took it off because it was in my way and finished doing the layup of the transom. I now know to have a spare replacement hanging close by. :painkiller: Tell me the truth the horse is brown right.

100_4962a.jpg

100_4971b.jpg

100_4944a.jpg

I don't see any pink horse :lalala: I think I'll go lay down and have a few more drinks.:tea:

Last edited:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Hey, didja get any ooze out in the rivet holes ya drilled? I don't see much? :confused: The Flyin monkeys will go away after a bit!!!!:D:eek:

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
WOG about half the holes oozed out, but most of the rest were about halfway up. Then I just scraped them clean. Plan is to grind clean, an apply some more PB,1708 tabbing and skin.

Won't be able to get back to it for about a week "Spring Break" though, SWMBO is letting me drive her and the daughter around to some colleges and State parks next week.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Well that's good! I'm bettin, The Grandkids Kids will be enjoying that boat before that transom needs repair!!!! Unless the Flyin Monkeys start poking holes in it!!!!:eek::faint2: