14ft sears trihull resto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was given a 14ft sears tri hull. not sure of the year or model. It's gonna need work but I'm willing to put in the time and effort to learn. i will be repairing the transom and deck, adding a casting deck and storage below. i have most of the deck out and i have come to find soft spots in the hull. it seems as though between layers of the mat there is gaps or where maybe it was resin starved or just submited to the weather to long. its gonna be a project i will need plenty of advice on and id appreciate any at this point. materials would be a good start to this. cough cough

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 14ft sears trihull resto

I was given a 14ft sears tri hull. not sure of the year or model. It's gonna need work but I'm willing to put in the time and effort to learn. i will be repairing the transom and deck, adding a casting deck and storage below. i have most of the deck out and i have come to find soft spots in the hull. it seems as though between layers of the mat there is gaps or where maybe it was resin starved or just submited to the weather to long. its gonna be a project i will need plenty of advice on and id appreciate any at this point. materials would be a good start to this. cough cough

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,... Post up some Pictures, so's We can see what ya got to work with,...

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

It worked but pics are to small to be of any real use.

jbcurt00

Staff member

It worked but pics are to small to be of any real use.

At the bottom center of the PB mobile page click:

View as full webpage/site

Click that & it opens in the library w/ openable pix, open those & they're 'normal' size viewable pix:
CAM00130_zpsd0966766.jpg

Awesome thanks for the help with the pics. i just ordered. a sawz all from work to get going on cutting the rest of my deck out and the inner fiberglass of the transom. then i will begin fixing the inner hulls fiberglass issue. i would like to start buying materiaof what i will need.ls but want to be entirely sure

westsloper

Recruit
Any progress on this boat? I was just given the same boat in about the same shape. I can't find any info on it. I have the model number and serial number but nobody I've talked to knows anything about them.

southkogs

Staff member
This one's been asleep for a few years now ... please review the forum rules about posting in topics that are over 90 days old.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.