1996 Cajun 21' Center Console Bay Boat 1997 Johnson 150 Ocean Runner Restoration Proj

the rebuilder

Recruit
I have purchased a 21' Cajun Center Console boat from an old high school friend. He gave me an amazing price for it so I could not turn it down and I was in the market for a new boat anyway.

The boat needs some TLC, but I was able to take it our for 3 times before the engine started acting up on me. I plan to rebuild the carbs, new primer bulb and fuel lines, and I'm pretty sure it needs a new starter. I have ordered all the OMC books and help guides, catalogs, etc. to do this project myself. I also need to paint the motor as it set up for a while in the water and has not had much TLC. I managed to run it for a few moments the other day, but she just dies out on me. The primer bulb does not stay hard as it should so I figure it is an issue from the tank to the motor, which I will be trouble shooting soon.

My friend that owned the boat had taken out all the green carpet and put on a horrible looking green paint with a rhino lining effect on it. I want to get all that off the boat and sand down and or repair any places of the fiberglass that need to be and then paint and do a webbing affect where the carpet would have been. The transom and the deck is all good except for one quarter sized hole that needs attention. Also I'm doing a bit of rewiring as they kind of just made things work. The only gage that works is the fuel gage so I will be replacing all of the dashboard parts as well.

It is a lot of work that needs to be done and I'm one of those do it myselfers and really enjoy working on the boat. I shall post photos soon of what it looks like now and then I shall have some after photos.

One more thing....does anyone know where I can get a windshield for the boat and a owners manual. I have searched the internet, but have not had much luck.

Happy Boating,

NJW

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1996 Cajun 21' Center Console Bay Boat 1997 Johnson 150 Ocean Runner Restoration

I doubt you'll find an owners manual,....

Most of your questions should be pretty strait forward, And you'll find plenty of help around here,....

A center console shouldn't need to big of a windshield, I'd scrounge around for a nice piece of lexan or plexi,.........

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1996 Cajun 21' Center Console Bay Boat 1997 Johnson 150 Ocean Runner Restoration

Oh and I forgot,.......

We like pictures,......

Lot's of pictures!!!,...