Hole filling in fiberglass Campion

opto55

Seaman
I have removed and refinished the teak on a 1988 Campion and the teak turned out great. I want to put the teak back and am wondering what product to use to fill the old holes before I put the new screws through the teak and into the fiberglass. I want the screws to fasten in solid as I am mounting downriggers and rod holders on the teak. Also is there a product that can be used to fill in a couple of chips and holes along the side of my boat. I want it to look good. How about a Gel coat as well. I need products and a little instruction.
Thank you guys!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: Hole filling in fiberglass Campion

You can fill the old holes in the fiberglass with a thickened resin mix using fiberglass resin plus any of the following to create a peanut butter consistency paste...micro-ballons, cabosil/aerosil, milled fibers...you can look these up here...Fillers

What to fill holes in the teak, I have no idea...

Now a word of caution...fiberglass is NOT a good holder of fasteners...usually where fasteners go there is usually a wooden backing behind/under the fiberglass...otherwise any screws you drive into just fiberglass may work themselves loose...
Another consideration is to pre-drill any holes to keep from splitting the substrate and seal all penetrations with a good quality marine sealant, like 3M 4200 or 5200, to prevent any water from seeping into the structure...

Good luck and happy boating!:)