clean hull with? primer issue and questions on easypoxy

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Do you have a wood backer rail?? If yes, then yeah, I'd use some 4200 on the screws, if No then none needed.

Last edited:

mccoytr

Petty Officer 1st Class
Okay guys its been awhile since I posted. Hope to have some pics tomorrow. Trailer rebuilt, have to paint the winch stand but that is easy. A guy gave me some new fenders from a Witchcraft ski boat trailer. I modified them to fit. Looks good to me. Working on the dash pad now. We (me and Ranger) found out my dash was only made on about 100 boats before the change. So I am modifying the old dash to fit the new one. This requires me to fill the switch cutouts and reenforce the lower part of dash so the steering wheel will not break lower part of dash if it is pulled on when getting up.

Ranger has been so helpful with this. The engineer spent about an hour on the phone helping me. Then I get a package from them with the switch plates and switch free of charge. No wonder Ranger has such a strong following.

mccoytr

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well dang Just got an offer of 3 grand for my boat. SOLD when money shows up else I keep working.

mccoytr

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well he was all talk and no money. But on a good note house sold in 28 days, verses 250 days which is the average our Realtor told us. So we are all moved.

Know how do I cut the mounting holes in dash to fit gauges? All my hole saws are incorrect size. Any ideas?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
They don't have to be "Perfect" cuz the trim rings should cover some small imperfections soooo a jig saw should do the trick!

mccoytr

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well long time no post, but progress has been slow but steady. But since my last post I have sold a house and moved into a rental. Now going to move again 6months after last move), and changing jobs. Also have to find a house at new job. So a lot has happened but not a lot on boat. What has been accomplished is remote has been rebuilt, carbs rebuilt, filters changed, thermostat changed and going to replace lower gear oil and water pump next week. I have the dash, gauges and steering connected. Gas tank installed and connected, but going tho replace fueling between tank and motor. Which brings up a question. The fuel water/filter is mounted in same compartment as battery and fuser panel, should it not be mounted some place not so close to a potential ignition source? Pics to follow when i get a chance.