Paint Stripper on Fiberglass Hull????

ddrieck

Senior Chief Petty Officer
So....Getting ready to repaint the hull on my old Fiberform boat. It currently has what looks like one coat of white paint over the gelcoat andI need to remove it before repainting as it is peeling off in spots. Since it is peeling off and just scuffing it up and repainting is a no go. Sanding it off would be a major amount of labor and cost as i tried a spot and the sandpaper on my DA loads in about 30 seconds.

Question: Is there a paint stipper on the market that will remove the paint but not eat the getcoat??

ddrieck

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Paint Stripper on Fiberglass Hull????

knock knock knock ...... Bueler Bueler......... anyone???

zool

Captain
Re: Paint Stripper on Fiberglass Hull????

So....Getting ready to repaint the hull on my old Fiberform boat. It currently has what looks like one coat of white paint over the gelcoat andI need to remove it before repainting as it is peeling off in spots. Since it is peeling off and just scuffing it up and repainting is a no go. Sanding it off would be a major amount of labor and cost as i tried a spot and the sandpaper on my DA loads in about 30 seconds.

Question: Is there a paint stipper on the market that will remove the paint but not eat the getcoat??

Klean-Strip GAF354 Fiberglass Paint Stripper

try a small area first, to see how it goes....dont leave it on too long. I removed antifouling paint with it, under the water line.