Shoreline E-6000 Marine Adhesive and sealant??????

PARKBOY

Recruit
Anyone ever use this stuff and if so how well did it hold up? I just installed a new jack plate and couldnt find any 3m 4000 or 4200 but found this stuff and used it to seal up my transom bolts but after searching the net I cant find any info on it at all. Hope its good stuff. Any opinions???? Here is the only link I could find for this stuff. Shoreline doesnt even have it on there site.

Shoreline Marine E-6000 White Marine Adhesive and Sealant 3.7oz.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Re: Shoreline E-6000 Marine Adhesive and sealant??????

Never seen that one,is it easily removable? I'd like to learn more about it myself before I make an opinion.
Grub

jbcurt00

Staff member

Never seen that one,is it easily removable? I'd like to learn more about it myself before I make an opinion.
Grub
Not likely to be easily removed:
[h=3]Product Description:
[/h]Weatherproof E-6000 Marine permanently bonds to fiberglass, plastic, wood, glass, metal, ceramic and most other materials. It dries very flexible for structural movement. Paintable. Waterproof.

• Does not become brittle in cold weather; can bond and seal items subject to vibration
  • Safe for applications exposed to dilute acids and dilute caustics
  • Great for bonding and sealing objects subject to normal wear
  • Not for use with gasoline or directly on engines

Grub54891

Vice Admiral

Sounds like 5200. Don't use 52 very often. I guess to awnser you'r question,looks like it'll be ok. Just hope ya can get er back apart if need be.
Grub

dont ever try to remove the jack plate. Been there done that with 5200. Turns out that you can put a jack plate on upside down :facepalm: after a week i discovered the problem (2 part jack plate so other side was still on motor) I removed the bolts and the jackplate was truly stuck to the transom. It came off but it took gel coat off with it.