pics of spraying awlgrip

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: pics of spraying awlgrip

aaaaa, speakerdude, all I get with your link is another forum. No pics unless I'm missing something.

D

DJ

How did you vent that area? It seems awfully big to vent.<br /><br />Looks great!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

SpeakerDude, you are one ambitious guy! You gonna remember where all the bits a pieces go? I'll bet that boat will be better than new when you are done. Maybe you could whisper the number of hours you've put in? What is the well in the right front deck? <br /><br />Keep up the good work and thanks for showing the pictures.

Dunfer

Cadet

Wow, what a project, and what a great job. you can be very proud of your work. I am thoroughly amazed. Looks better than new!

Rick K

Petty Officer 1st Class

SWEET! And look at the size of that shop!!! Beautiful job; that boat will look beautiful where ever it goes!!!

Speakrdude

Ensign

Thank you for all the kind words.<br />The storage in the front right side is the chain locker and the cutout at the front is for the bow pulpit.<br /> After having to completely rebuild the transom and most of the bilge area, floors, hull liner, complete new interior, rub rail, repower, rebuilt drive, Quite a few hours. <br /> My next biggest dilema is figuring out how to build stands or something to sand and paint the bottom, safely. Need to pull the trailer out from under. Any suggetsions?<br /><br />Jim

gewf631

Chief Petty Officer

Nice job!<br /><br />The topic of pulling the trailer out from under the boat has been discussed many times, both here, in the Trailer area, and in the Boat Topics area. Do a search and you'll get lots of ideas.

D

DJ

Speakerdude,<br /><br />That hull, in its current form, is really not that heavy. Automotive jack stands will be more than adequate.<br /><br />The trick is going do be easing the trailer out while working forward placing the stands.<br /><br />I sugest you start by jacking the transom up and placing stands at the outboard chines. Then, work forward, SLOWLY, using spaces under the trailer to jack up the keel as you work forward. It's tedious, yet I've done it several times.<br /><br />Or, get a forklift or A-frames.<br /><br />How did you vent that area while spraying?

Speakrdude

Ensign

So DJ, I understand the lifting up of the aft end of the boat with a floor jack and placing stands under the furthest chines port and starboard, (about the only halfway level spot under there)and then you kinda lost me with the little by little thing. I was thinking of lifting either with a strap or from the lifting eye for the bow part. One of the previous owners had one installed. Is that OK as well? <br /><br />Jim

ookxtreme

Recruit

LOOKS GREAT!! i'm planning on doing that to mine this winter....<br />can you use awlgrip below waterline? didnt think you were supposed to use it below waterline?<br /><br /><br />thanx in advance<br /><br /><br />dave<br />s.e. michigan