where can I get neoprene?

ecblanks

Cadet
Replacing my gas tank, and the old one was padded in place with strips of neoprene. I'm looking for local store I can get this stuff.<br />Walmart, Autozone, carpet store, Home Depot?<br />Anybody know?<br />Thanks,<br />CB

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: where can I get neoprene?

Sams has them interlocking floor mats... Home depot and pep boys have em' too... They're about 1/2" thick and come as 2'x2' squares, 4-8 to a pack..

Winger Ed.

Chief Petty Officer

There's lots of ways to solve that chaffing problem, including doing it right.<br /><br />Carpet padding will work, or the thickest self stick weather stripping at Home Depot.<br /><br />In years past; a buddy gave me a 16gal. poly tank that was about 5-6 years old from his crashed boat. I tossed a chunk of that green indoor/outdoor carpet the looks like grass under it and mounted in my project boat of the day.<br /><br /><br />That was 10 years ago. I just pulled that tank and put it in my new project boat. There was no damage or chaffing on its bottom, so I didn't feel bad putting in the new boat.<br /><br /><br />Basically: this is one of those deals that almost anything will work. Even strips cut from a old inner tube.

Buttanic

Senior Chief Petty Officer

http://www.mcmaster.com/ <br /><br />If it is made McMaster-Carr has it. They have just about any type of neoprene available. They also have super fast shipping.<br /><br />Buttanic