89 Sea Nymph SS175 Transom

Octane80

Cadet
Re: 89 Sea Nymph SS175 Transom

This is the beginning of the idea for the seating/casting deck in the back. WP_20140415_19_42_51_Pro.jpg

Cut the tongue off so it would fit, very very close fit.
WP_20140413_17_45_04_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20140415_19_42_58_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140415_19_42_58_Pro.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 6

Octane80

Cadet

Got the front deck cut last night and began the slathering of epoxy. I probably wasted a bit of money buying marine ply, and am unhappy with how much it chips on the edge even with a finishing blade, but oh well nothing a little sand paper can't fix. I also put a pvc pipe in for the wire run to the spashwell then foamed it. PS the aluminum support I cut was added by me last year when I made the splashwell it is extra support (not stock) so a little cut won't affect it. Man I need a bigger garage...

Octane80

Cadet

I also took the time to replace the bilge/livewell hose with some new flowrite stuff.

Octane80

Cadet

Carpeting is coming along well, and the seats came in yesterday. I played with seat height for a little while and have now ordered some swivel and slide 2 7/8 pedestals at 9 inches total height.

Octane80

Cadet

So I decided I wanted rod storage on both sides of the boat tonight and went ahead and drilled a bunch of two inch holes then filled them with desk grommets. I then began to figure out how I'm going to do the support mechanism for the back seat and ultimately decided that some adjustable nylon straps would fit the bill perfectly. The whole seat area of the rear deck is easily removable for access to the pumps, just fold up the seat backs, pull a couple bolts, and it all slides right out... Trying to make this boat work for me, comfy, fishable, and serviceable, with proper storage.

sgilbert14

Seaman Apprentice
I love what you are doing with this boat. There is a ton of things that I wanted to do with mine as well. I will be starting mine this spring and will follow your progress for ideas and the "so that's how it's done" info.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Uhmm sgilbert, you need to familiarize yourself with our Rules. Only the OP can post to his thread if it's been more than 90 days since anyone has posted to it.:eek:

Octane80

Cadet
I love what you are doing with this boat. There is a ton of things that I wanted to do with mine as well. I will be starting mine this spring and will follow your progress for ideas and the "so that's how it's done" info.

Thanks, I ended up getting the interior done and should post some pics of that. Fishing season hit before I got paint on, but I have been enjoying the new design of everything quite a bit. One I get a free chance I'll get out to my storage unit and snap some pics of the end result.