• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

We're excited to announce the launch of our NEW Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building section on iboats.com! See more details!

This new area was created specifically to meet the needs of those of you who participate in the iboats Boat Restoration, Building, and Hull Repair forum. To kick off the launch, we are giving away free product in every order over $100 as follows:

Spend $100-149: Get a free paint suit (Large only)
Spend $150-199: Get a free sandpaper finish pack & paint suit (Large only)
Spend $200-249: Get a free catalyst dispenser
Spend $250-299: Get a free Sufasolve hand wipes
Spend $300-349: Get a free Aqua Blue buffing compound (quart)
Spend $350-399: Get a free small tint kit
Spend $400+: Get a free Preval sprayer

To qualify for the free products, select any Fiberlay, Spectrum Fiberglass, System Three, or Gibco product.

Also, we have discounted our already low prices by another 5-15%. Stay tuned as we will be giving away 3 $100 iboats gift certificates from May to June to be used on the new fiberglass and epoxy products.

To view the new Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building, go to http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Paint-Repair-Maintenance-Gel-Coat-Cleaners-Carpet-Epoxy/dm/view_id.11
See more
See less

88 blue fin 1900 sportsman transom replace HELP !

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 blue fin 1900 sportsman transom replace HELP !

Guys , I need some help. My transom on my blue fin I/O is rotten a 1/4 from the bottom. Rotten clear through to the outside sheet aluminium. I have never done a transom replace. What am I in for doing this myself. Thanks for any help.

Re: 88 blue fin 1900 sportsman transom replace HELP !

How is this different from this...???http://forums.iboats.com/boat-restor...on-601790.html
    1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED...Kinda!!
    Fabricating Decks, Stringers, and Transoms
    Paint Your Boat with Tractor Paint

Comment

I understand what kind of wood. There is not alot of info on how to remove the rear unit so I can pull out the wood. The internet seams to allways talk about Mercs. Not much on OMC Cobra. I was hoping someone could tell me if I will need to pull the engine or not. You know, tell me there problems before I find out myself. Learn off there mistakes so I dont make them too.

Comment

But you don't need to post the same question on two different threads. You need to read the rules of the forum. You already have a thread about this topic. Just ask more specific questions on the same thread. You'll get members answering your questions in due time.

Comment

I needed help, not a class on rules. I am new to all this. I think I will try some place a little more helpful and not so unfriendly. Shame too.

Comment

Your previous post had several responses from members. If you would have returned to that thread with more specific questions they would have answered those specific questions. Having multiple threads on the same topic by the same member causes confusion and makes it difficult for everyone to keep up with what's going on. That's why the rule is there. I'm sorry if you felt I was being unhelpful. I was only trying to make it possible for you to get the help you were seeking the best possible way. This is the most knowledeable boating forum on the internet and you won't find a better place to get your questions answered. I hope you stick around.

Comment

You are right in what you say, Bad day at work. I am sorry Woodonglass. I will stay with my first post

Comment

I also moved my transom question to http://forums.iboats.com/boat-restor...on-601790.html

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	47424a5e6c52b716f252f19fe61730e8.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	168518Click image for larger version

Name:	30ff134697073e43e8b0bd9e43fac0ef.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	168517

Comment

Working...
                  X