Building flip up bench seat to casting deck

sublauxation

Lieutenant
I've been hoping to add a flip up bench across my back casting deck. I want it to lay flat so I can still stand back there when the seat is folded down. I've got a couple ideas and I was hoping you guys could tell me if it will work, if it's a dumb idea, or how I could make it better.

I plan to run 2 pieces of plywood across the length of the back deck. One would be about 4" wide and I'd screw it down to the existing deck right in front of the splashwell and attach the small side of the hinges to it, probably bolt them down and use aluminum on the underside to make sure it doesn't break. For the flip up part I'd use a piece about 12". The hinges stop at about 100 degrees which seems like it would be a reasonably comfortable angle for kicking back and relaxing. I'll make some removable cushions that I can stash somewhere.

My main questions:

Would 5/8 ply with 4 hinges be sturdy enough or will the plywood just warp into a mess? It would be about 60" long. I do plan to carpet it.

hinge1.JPGhinge2.JPGcasting deck.jpg

Any better ideas for hinges? These are 8" and feel really sturdy. They're galvanized but I'm guessing rust will be a problem. Using them I'd also still have to find a way to lock the seat upright. All the regular boat seat hinges I've seen are pretty tall, I want to keep it as low profile as possible.

What's the best way to attach the cushions, Velcro, Snaps, or something else?