Baretta 191 Cuddy Cabin resto about to begin

Rogan

Recruit
Hello, all. I'm new here to the forum. I just picked up a MH Baretta 191 with a 140hp Volvo 275 outboard. The interior portion is in need of a full resto. I'm sure the floors, stringer, etc. are all in need of repair. I picked it up for $100 with a galvanized trailer. Worse comes to worst, I'll scrap the boat and get my money back with the trailer. :grumpy:

barettastarboard.jpg

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Baretta 191 Cuddy Cabin resto about to begin

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... Lookin' forward to yer endeavor,...

We Love pictures here in the drydock,....

Bring it On,... ;)

Rogan

Recruit

Thank you!

I'll try to get some pictures of the interior section and its dilapidated cabin with white mohair carpeted ceiling! LOL

outdoorz

Recruit

How long is that boat ?

Is it a 4 cylinder ??

What year model ??

We just bought an 88 model / 18 footer, with a 4 cylinder, and like most all Baretta owners, I lack info. I am going out to the boats location this evening. In order to get some helpful numbers off the boat / engine and so on...........any ideas where to look for proper engine and boat numbers ??

Ty much

p.s. I will try to get some pictures posted up soon

Rogan

Recruit

I think 18 or 19ft. 4 cyl.

Okieboatguy

Petty Officer 1st Class

I would love to own a cuddy, and I figure with my budget that when I do get around to owning one, it will be a restoration from the get go like yours. I will be watching and waiting for the pictures and progress. Good luck, and you are in the right place for help when you need it. But I do have to grin,:D, since like my Bayliner, there is no such thing as a cheap or free boat.:laugh:

Rogan

Recruit

I totally agree on no cheap boat..
I've been a little out-of-touch with this project, as Easter morning, I suffered a mini-stroke (five days before my 45th birthday.)

I've not been able to do much, and medical bills have swamped my bank account. :(

soon, though, I'll dive in to this project.

Bomber Goober

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry about the health issues, hope all is getting better.

Worse comes to worst, I'll scrap the boat and get my money back with the trailer. :grumpy:
I hope it never comes to this and if it does PM me.
This is a beautiful boat and I hope that you will be able to bring her back and get her looking pretty and SAFE.