Buddy R's Jetstream Restoration

Buddy R

Cadet
Re: Buddy R's Jetstream Restoration

Thanks for the instructions JB. I think it may have been that the photos I was trying to upload were not jpegs. Here goes another try...

polished rail.jpg

refinished interoior panel.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member

Nice looking bolsters/side panels.

I like using the photobucket site for pix, it lets me post 'em nice & big IN my post so they don't have to be opened & viewed 1 at a time:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Buddy R

Cadet

That is definitely a better way to view pics. Thanks for the link JB.

Buddy R

Cadet

The snow's gone at the cottage so I was able to get the Jetstar out of the garage and take the floor out. From reading the other posts of floor replacement I pretty much new what to expect. Had to take off the windshield to get the larger piece out but that wasn't much trouble. What a mess, there have definitely been some small animals living under there at some point in the boats history.

View attachment 230246

View attachment 230247

I'm going to pick up some 1/2" russian birch ply as it seems to be the stiffest plywood around and then seal it with epoxy before gluing down the new floor. I was in luck and my boat mechanic had a leftover roll of marine vinyl flooring that matches pretty well and could be acquired for the very reasonable trade of a case of beer. I've set up a mockup of the boat interior in my basement to get an idea of how it will all go together - I've attached a picture - I think it looks pretty nice.

View attachment 230248

I've also been working with OutboardDecals.com on some retro decals. I went with a modified 1964 package. The customer service guys there are amazing. They changed up colours for me as well as HP ratings, text within the decals, basically anything I wanted. I've attached the proof they sent me. They even resized them to fit my newer larger cowl perfectly. Like I said - amazing!

View attachment 230249

hopefully I can get the insulation and new flooring in this coming weekend and then put it all back together over the following weekend - I'd sure like it to be ready for the May Long weekend.

I'll keep you posted!

Your Buddy R.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Pix didn't post.........

But sounds like you've been busy

Buddy R

Cadet

sorry about that…I'll try loading the pictures again.

IMG_20140427_134558.jpg

IMG_20140427_134635.jpg

IMG_20140427_165122.jpg

image002[5].jpg

Buddy R

Cadet

One Floor, Two Floor, Old Floor, New Floor!

I had a bit of time this evening so I got the new floor cut. I was planning on putting CEPS an all sides and edges and GLUVIT on the inside of the hull on all the seams and rivets. If anyone has a better way to deal with water/moisture please let me know.

Thanks!

IMG_20140501_180714.jpg

Buddy R

Cadet

The new floor fits really nicely, luckily the edges of the old floor were still in good shape and provided a decent template. I had a question about installing the vinyl floor - is it better to install the vinyl before you install the floor in the boat so you can wrap the vinyl around the edges at the sides and seams or is it better to install the floor first and just make sure you use sufficient adhesive near the edges where the vinyl is cut around the perimeter? I could see it working either way but if anyone has any experience with either option I'd appreciate your input.

I got all the old insulation out and have picked up some new closed cell insulation to put under the floor. Hopefully I'll be putting it all together this weekend.

down to the hull.jpg

new bow floor in.jpg

new main floor in.jpg

I'll keep you posted.

Your Buddy R