rubber air bags in leu of floatation foam

happyhitter

Cadet
Does anybody know of a source to purchase inflatable air bags in leu of floatation foam? I really like the idea of this as i can ensure proper drainback to builge if it does get wet in there with a properly designed tube to help devert water out of floatation boxes. Im thinking if cost is nearly the same then why not. Will design top of box to gain access to inspect bags from time to time along with proper resealing in mind. BTW... Ive been around boats foe a long time with lots of memories and lots of fun and not so fun times crossing Lake Ontario when i was a kid. My dad had a 1956 Owens 31 ft cruiser for my whole childhood chapter.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: rubber air bags in leu of floatation foam

Does anybody know of a source to purchase inflatable air bags in leu of floatation foam? I really like the idea of this as i can ensure proper drainback to builge if it does get wet in there with a properly designed tube to help devert water out of floatation boxes. Im thinking if cost is nearly the same then why not. Will design top of box to gain access to inspect bags from time to time along with proper resealing in mind. BTW... Ive been around boats foe a long time with lots of memories and lots of fun and not so fun times crossing Lake Ontario when i was a kid. My dad had a 1956 Owens 31 ft cruiser for my whole childhood chapter.

Ayuh,.... I moved this post to the restoration forum, where it belongs,...

From the thread I moved this post from,...
Hi everyone, its springtime! I have a 1988 Fourwinns 245 Vista powered by a chevy 350 that i rebuilt and still sits on a stand. Im in the process of replacing trans core wood, mtr mount boxes and both floatation boxes and foam. I wont be able to splash it for sure this year cuz my daughter is getting married this July. One of the many questions i have is.. will it be necassary to buy new Mercruiser type shift cables and a new Merc style steering cable?

Sorry guys....:rolleyes: my screw up...:facepalm:

happyhitter

Cadet
Re: rubber air bags in leu of floatation foam

Yea jigngrub, my wife has some pics but not more than 4 or so. And i think they are pics of boat at a dock. The boat is in a barn with no lights so i think pics might not turn out so good. Im destined to bring plastic tub home here later this month. I need to take some of bildge area with no motor and drivetrain in place. Sorry im not prepared.